CYTZ partnership?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

byazdani
Rank 0
Rank 0

CYTZ partnership?

Post by byazdani »

Hello, new pilot here (in training actually)

I'm currently in search of a fruitful partnership based out of CYTZ.

A bit about me: young professional, living downtown and a passion for outdoor activities. My typical mission would include flights to my cottage and weekend trips to nyc or Chicago.

Mechanically inclined, however I don't wish to conduct any general maintenance myself. I mention this only because I think a pilot should understand how things work and not just what they teach you in ground school for troubleshooting purposes.

If there are any owners interested in bringing in a partner I can guarantee that I'd be a responsible and useful addition. We can discuss my position in detail privately - shoot me a PM!
---------- ADS -----------

dcabrown
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: CYTZ partnership?

Post by dcabrown »

I'm part of a partnership on a 1983 Piper Warrior II. We're not actively looking for a 5th person but always open to it! All 4 of us are office surfing 9-5'ers. Laid back group, we schedule using Google calendar, send a text to let peeps know what our plans are, thats it.

Our costs are very modest. We split tiedown, insurance and charge a set rate for each hour flown to cover maintenance and eventual overhaul (which won't happen for some time as the engine was just overhauled two years ago)

Typical missions are recreational SW Ontario although we've done longer trips to Florida, Minnesota - The aircraft is IFR certified with a non-certified GPS.

Speeds aren't blazing fast - 109ktas @9GPH, but thats not why we (or anyone else) really likes the Warrior. Maintenance is super straight forward, visibility is better than a 172 and handling is perfect for a VFR/IFR students.

For more info, feel free to send an email to darrylcabrown@gmail.com
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”