Coutts AB - CEP4

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ThatArmyGuy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Coutts AB - CEP4

#1 Post by ThatArmyGuy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Hello world of AvCanada,

Just flying a C172 into Coutts in a week or so for the afternoon, VFR, no intentions of clearing customs to the States.

Looked up the sat photo on Google Maps and it definitely is turf... and difficult to tell where it is. Any local words of advise for flying into Coutts at the AB/Montana border above and beyond the standard information I can get out of the CFS, etc.

Thanks
TAG
---------- ADS -----------

oldtimer
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Coutts AB - CEP4

#2 Post by oldtimer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:52 pm

It has been a long time since I last flew in there but I do remember you should/have to call US Customs on the MF to advise them their services are not required. Also look out for the border marker on the runway edge (well short of the threshold but it is there) and you have to park on the runway. There usually is no seperate parking pad. The runway may be rough as the wind blows dirt away from the tufts of grass but it is useable. The runway is smack dab on the border just west of town. Call ahead for local conditions.
The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

ThatArmyGuy
Rank 3
Rank 3

#3 Post by ThatArmyGuy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:17 am

Okay great that helps out a bunch. Thank you.

Posthumane
Rank 6
Rank 6

#4 Post by Posthumane » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:12 am

Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd revive it to see
a) how your flight there went, and
b) has anyone else flown to Coutts more recently?
I was thinking of flying there to with a 172 as well, and perhaps using it to clear customs on the way back from the US to avoid having to go to Lethbridge. Maybe clear customs there on the way down to the US as well, depending on the destination.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." -George Bernard Shaw

Return to “General Comments”