Navair Looses DHL contract.....Resulting in numerous layoffs

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

redbeard
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by redbeard »

when you out and low ball contracts and not cover your costs thats what happens........you go tits up sooner or later. The landscape is riddled with those types of operators, here today, gone tommorrow. You'd figure that these outfits, courier or medevac would ensure they contract out to reputable companies...the ones like the Sunwests and North Cariboos of the country...ensuring they have uninterupted no hassle service
---------- ADS -----------

colonel lingus
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by colonel lingus »

Their sudden demise might have more to do with being sued by the familys of the recent accident, and the fact that it was a DHL plane that went down. Not only that, but the fact that Transport Canada was forced to look deeply into the maintenance nightmare that is Navair. I think that Transport found that they could no longer turn a blind eye to the accident waiting to happen at Navair. The only very sad thing is that they only did so after a very tragic accident.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

" I think that Transport found that they could no longer turn a blind eye to the accident waiting to happen at Navair. "

Now there is a loaded comment.

I wonder how the TC defenders will respond to a comment such as that?

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
marktheone
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by marktheone »

Just a question. Everyone is posting as if Navair is dead and gone. Does anyone even know if this is a fact?

broompusher
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broompusher »

NavAir did not lose the DHL contract persay, what happened was they had to submit a 48hr action plan to TC, in that plan was a drastic fleet reduction, now they're down to 5 Navajos & 2 MU2s. They can no longer meet their contract obligations with DHL, that's why they lost the contract.

Part of the fleet reduction also included the entire calgary fleet, so now the BDC contract went back to Dynamic

Say what you want but a lot of good guys (and friends) are out of work.

WTF, over
colonel lingus
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by colonel lingus »

Fleet reduction is due to the fact that Navair could no longer hide their "flying caskets". Now it's up to the maintenance wizards to try and pull the wool over TC eyes again. Im sure they will be back...unfortunatly.

broompusher
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broompusher »

Oh ya, and Regency did pick up the DHL contract in Vancouver, these days the good'ol dollar is the bottom line :?

WTF, over
ditshisturber
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ditshisturber »

No mention about the fate of their lone SA-226 Metro II... any word?

colonel lingus
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by colonel lingus »

I heard that the "HOT SHOT'' owners son will be going to fly it for Cathay Pacific on the new YVR-YYJ route.

ditshisturber
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ditshisturber »

colonel lingus wrote:I heard that the "HOT SHOT'' owners son will be going to fly it for Cathay Pacific on the new YVR-YYJ route.
Just lost a mouthfull of coffee all over the table! Classic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SkyKing
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SkyKing »

metro and island are grounded

Cargodog
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Cargodog »

Broompusher, you're bang on the money.

DHL did not want to pull out from Navair, but the TC decission forced them in order to continue to serve markets like YYJ.

Return to “General Comments”