Nelson Mountain Air???

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

smartass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Nelson Mountain Air???

Post by smartass »

Anyone know what happend here? Did they go belly up, shut down, have an accident, join AC's union? I wanted to do some training with them but they appear to be non-existent now. Any info would be appreciated.
---------- ADS -----------

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

They have a website with an email address. You could email them and find out what is going on if you haven't already. Heres the link.
http://www.shopincanada.com/Sports___Ou ... 340256.htm

smartass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by smartass »

There web page is non-existent now and their e-mail is unreachable.

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

I figured that you may have already tried that. I should have clued in when their web page went to some spam.

Airtids
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Airtids »

Closed their doors November 2002 after 10th accident in 11 years. We operate a school and charter show in Castlegar, and a satellite in Nelson during the summer months. PM me for more info.

Aviation- the hardest way possible to make an easy living!
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace!" Michael Franti- Spearhead
"Trust everyone, but cut the cards". My Grandma.
smartass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by smartass »

Holy cow...

10 for 11??? It's too bad I didn't get a chance to fly there I coulda boosted their ratings to 100% for them. What's the name of your school/charter company? Do you have a website? What kind of planes do you fly? Do you have any float planes for training on? Do you do charter into Nelson also? Why so many accidents??? What are your training rates?

Thanks for the info

happy_flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by happy_flyer »

You could have flown there...you would have regretted it, customer or employee. Think yourself lucky.

Go talk to High Alpine...good times.

Airtids
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Airtids »

Check out http://www.highalpineair.com for all the info. We will be doing a 'Float Week' beginning of July off the wharf beside the Prestige Hotel. Trying to couple that with several requests for our 'Mountain Flying' course/ Kootenay recreation holidays. Most questions will be answered on the website, but feel free to contact me for anything in particular.

Aviation- the hardest way possible to make an easy living!
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace!" Michael Franti- Spearhead
"Trust everyone, but cut the cards". My Grandma.

Return to “General Comments”