Perimeter aviation( ramp agent )

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Capt.amine
Rank 1
Rank 1

Perimeter aviation( ramp agent )

Post by Capt.amine »

Hey guys, Im gonna start my training at harv's air soon , and Im planing to start working at perimeter aviation as a rampie while Im working on my license , so I would like to know some information about the rampies schedule and pay at perimeter aviation , because I want to know if I can afford my rent and transportation to st andrews , Im new to the country and I don't know how it's gonna be if I work and study at the same time .
Any help please will be appreciated
---------- ADS -----------

Capt.amine
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Perimeter aviation( ramp agent )

Post by Capt.amine »

Nobody will help I guess :(
Fine thanks

BeaverDreamer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BeaverDreamer »

Wow you gave it one whole hour. With patience like that you'll be perfect for a ramp job

Capt.amine
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Capt.amine »

BeaverDreamer wrote:Wow you gave it one whole hour. With patience like that you'll be perfect for a ramp job
You don't have to be a smart ass sir , either say something helpful or ignore the post ,
Its not about time , when I said " nobody will help I guess " the post at that time was seen by 50 person, so I was talking about those 50 ppl .
And yeah I will be patient if im a rampie even if I will wait 4 years in the ground , have a good day sir.

200hr Wonder
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by 200hr Wonder »

Boy Capt.amine, I sure hope I never have to work with you. Let me give you a little advice on life in general.

First of all, be humble, the world owes you nothing and you will need to work for every thing you get.
Im planing to start working at perimeter aviation as a rampie
You are going to apply for a job, and then if successful work at Perimeter. With your attitude I would not be surprised if you run into some difficulty.

The people of this forum read and respond to messages in their free time, and with well over a million hours in the air, can offer plenty of valuable advice to a new pilot. What they do not need to do is be ragged on for not being fast enough. At this point in your career you have no experience so really nothing to offer this forum.

As for work, you are owed precisely zero and the only thing that you can bring to the job versus other candidates is your attitude and work ethic. That is it. Check your attitude, be humble and work hard and you will get places. In aviation, nothing will be handed to you and it will be a grind, however if you work hard there are rewards in the end.

200hr Wonder, now with far more hours.

PS As English may not be your first language, be sure you get everything you send to a company proof read because what you wrote there was at about the 7th grade level and really in need of polish. I sure hope your resume and cover letter are far better.

Cheers,

200hr Wonder
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Well, that was all quite amusing.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
Capt.amine
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Capt.amine »

200hr Wonder wrote:Boy Capt.amine, I sure hope I never have to work with you. Let me give you a little advice on life in general.

First of all, be humble, the world owes you nothing and you will need to work for every thing you get.
Im planing to start working at perimeter aviation as a rampie
You are going to apply for a job, and then if successful work at Perimeter. With your attitude I would not be surprised if you run into some difficulty.

The people of this forum read and respond to messages in their free time, and with well over a million hours in the air, can offer plenty of valuable advice to a new pilot. What they do not need to do is be ragged on for not being fast enough. At this point in your career you have no experience so really nothing to offer this forum.

As for work, you are owed precisely zero and the only thing that you can bring to the job versus other candidates is your attitude and work ethic. That is it. Check your attitude, be humble and work hard and you will get places. In aviation, nothing will be handed to you and it will be a grind, however if you work hard there are rewards in the end.

200hr Wonder, now with far more hours.

PS As English may not be your first language, be sure you get everything you send to a company proof read because what you wrote there was at about the 7th grade level and really in need of polish. I sure hope your resume and cover letter are far better.
Thank you sir for your advice, yeah I'm a new immigrant and I know my English isn't good enough to start aviation training , but I'm working on it ,and it will be better with time , I'm sure there is so many great people who encourage students like me , but also I found so many rude people who made fun of me every time I post something , I'm humble, and I accept any job , anytime , all I wanna do is accomplish my dream ,
PS : I don't like be called "boy"
And me too I wish I don't have to work with you, have a great day

spongebob
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by spongebob »

Capt.amine wrote:
Capt.amine: I sure hope your attitude is only due to translation.

Google the word boy (there is more than one meaning):

BOY
/boi/

exclamation
informal
exclamation: boy

1. used to express strong feelings, especially of excitement or admiration.
"oh boy, that's wonderful!"

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

I too hope that your attitude you're showing here is due to not fully understanding English. That is fine, however I will warn you when you start out (I worked at Perimeter incidentally bit it goes for anywhere "up north") that will play against you.

One of my more reliable FOs was a hard worked from a country where people are a lot more confrontational, open, honest with each other than we are in Canada. In Canada we are actually quiet passive and try and avoid confrontation. So with that being said the formentioned FO (with above average aircraft handling, SOP usage etc) was one of the least liked FOs and it made life difficult for him. If you understood that it was coming from his cultural background you could look past all of that and he was a top notch pilot in my opinion.

With that being said if you want to improve your odds of having a successful flying career in Canada I will offer you the following advise:

Be humble: don't let the small stuff (like people not answering your posts right away)

Work hard: its not fun throwing bags in -30/+30 degree weather. Learn to like it, hanging out with the "boys"

Always learn something: learn from this tread (perhaps how not to react), learn from your first ppl instructor, from Harv (one of the humbelest men I know) , Adam, Luke (nice family) etc.

Keep your mouth shut and eyes open: always be nice to those around you and work hard

linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by linecrew »

Meatservo wrote:Well, that was all quite amusing.
+1 !! :P

WASIE
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WASIE »

BOY !

IWANTTOFLYYIN
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by IWANTTOFLYYIN »

You will learn what patience is being on a ramp for 2-3 years at perimeter! Have fun BOY! :lol:

cap41
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cap41 »

AVCANADA is informative. Now its entertaining as well!

CFR
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CFR »

Capt.amine wrote:
BeaverDreamer wrote:Wow you gave it one whole hour. With patience like that you'll be perfect for a ramp job
You don't have to be a smart ass sir , either say something helpful or ignore the post ,
Its not about time , when I said " nobody will help I guess " the post at that time was seen by 50 person, so I was talking about those 50 ppl .
And yeah I will be patient if im a rampie even if I will wait 4 years in the ground , have a good day sir.
A few more points for you

1) What 50 people viewing your post and not replying usually means is they have nothing constructive to add. This is usually much better than all 50 offering second, third or made up information for you to make life changing decisions with.

2) Aviation in Canada is not that big a community and word gets around. You have already begun to make a reputation for yourself. Many people here work for or know people at the firms you will be seeking employment with. Don't let a bad reputation become a problem in getting or keeping work.

To answer one of your questions, you will need a car or some other means of transportation if you are commuting from Winnipeg to St Andrews on a regular basis as there is no public transit.
I believe that Harv has dorms for students.

contactapproved
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by contactapproved »

Looking back on getting my start id say one of the most important things that helped me progress as quickly as I did was how I walked into the flight school for the first time. When you are so new to the game don't discount how influential your instructors or flight training unit can be on your success. Like mentioned, the aviation community in Canada is small, very small...especially when you train at a school like Harv's who move a lot of students through into the workforce. If the ladies and gentlemen who are going to be instrumental in getting you your licenses get a bad taste right off the start you've just taken 2 steps back for the 1 step you might have taken forward. Many aviation employers could give a rip about where you've worked outside of aviation when doing some background checks on you. One of the first people they'll talk to is the flight training unit who gave you your license. Always remember...confidence, not cockiness. I'd say almost every rampie I've ever dealt with that had the mentality that they were God's gift to aviation and felt that airplane was owed to them (and made that evident through words and actions) failed miserably and spent many many years waiting for that seat. In a lot of cases it never came and they ended up either at the bottom at a new employer to try again or just gave up on aviation all together. If you can't handle 50 people overlooking your post then you've got some interesting times ahead when you start handing resumes out. You need to start off in this industry with the expectation of being ignored, because you will be. You have a chance in aviation. Hands and feet skills are important...but controlling your mouth is far more important.

Capt.amine
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Capt.amine »

spongebob wrote:
Capt.amine wrote:
Capt.amine: I sure hope your attitude is only due to translation.

Google the word boy (there is more than one meaning):

BOY
/boi/

exclamation
informal
exclamation: boy

1. used to express strong feelings, especially of excitement or admiration.
"oh boy, that's wonderful!"
Oh sir thank you so much, yeah It was a misunderstanding, because English isn't my first language, I will work on this , I still don't know the way people talk in Canada,

heavymetal
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by heavymetal »

Don't expect anyone to call you Captain either. Being a pilot in Canada doesn't have the same social status it does overseas.

I'm never played as the villian in the stories I've told.
igorcanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by igorcanuck »

If you're looking for a career start at perimeter, check this out:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=131751

Cleared4TheOption
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cleared4TheOption »

Not the worst necro I've seen, but still...

Don't plug your thread in every other post you can find please.

Return to “General Comments”