The future

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

The future

Post by Rockie »

The right wing owns what is about to happen to the world in the next four years.

For aviation content, if anybody thinks our industry will escape unscathed from the economic and political chaos that is about to unfold you are delusional.

Buckle your seat belts.
---------- ADS -----------

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: The future

Post by timel »

There is one certainty, nobody knows what he is going to do.

LifeAt90Kts
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by LifeAt90Kts »

What are you talking about! The economy LOVES uncertainty

:shock:

Attachments
IMG_9550.JPG
IMG_9550.JPG (104.71 KiB) Viewed 7400 times
MUSKEG
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by MUSKEG »

Yup and the left wing owns the embarrassment that's happening in Canada for the next 3 years.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

I hope Trudeau wears his pink anti-bullying shirt when he's negotiating whatever deal he's forced to after Trump rips up NAFTA.

I somehow think there won't be any cozy selfie-fests at the White House like there were with Obama.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Gotta get me some Trans Canada stock because here comes keystone...

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

MUSKEG wrote:Yup and the left wing owns the embarrassment that's happening in Canada for the next 3 years.
Trudeau and all of Canada is a tiny boat in the hurricane about to be unleashed starting tomorrow by people too dense to see beyond the pimple on their nose.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Unfortunately, what happens to Canada as a consequence of the US election is not very high on the list of what American voters worry about.

For whatever reason Canadians always love to look down on the US, but I agree - Canada is about to find out just how dependent it is on the US - economically, militarily, socially.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

timel wrote:There is one certainty, nobody knows what he is going to do.
He's going to do, or at least try to do exactly what he said in the campaign.

He's going to repeal the affordable care act ensuring once again 40 million people have no health coverage.

He's going to turn the US military into a protection racket.

He's going to fill Guantanamo and order the US military to torture human beings for information.

He's going to get the US in wars in the Middle East ensuring an endless supply of people to capture and torture.

He's going to strip away regulations giving corporations and financial houses free rein to do as they wish.

He's going to reduce corporate tax to 15% making the rich richer.

He's going to make the poor very much poorer.

He's going to set race relations in the US back 100 years.

He's already ensured the rest of the world cannot trust the United States to honour any agreements.

He will embolden Putin to do whatever the hell he wants as long as he fluffs Trump up first.

He's made it ok to regard women as a piece of meat.

The list of things he will do is much longer but you get the idea. I haven't even mentioned the scary stuff.

Bored
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Bored »

You missed the Wall. And he'll get Mexico to pay for it.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Should be good for our military when Trump makes us live up to our Nato financial obligations

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

meh. Rockie, the US isn't governed by one person. The GOP may have the House as well but the Republicans aren't exactly behind him either.

Trump is like a dog that chases cars. Never expects to actually catch one. I doubt he has a clue what he's going to do - his entire campaign was an incoherent rambling contradictory mess of outright lies and whatever he felt like saying at the time, designed for maximum publicity. Politics as reality tv. Many of his "great" ideas aren't even grounded in reality. A wall isn't logistically or economically possible. Bringing jobs "back" to the US is a fantasy - it's technology that's causing the big job losses, not overseas workers. And so on. Besides, since when have politicians actions matched their words in any way, shape or form?

Sorry, I started out trying to reassure but I guess that isn't any better than your list... :cry:

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

This certainly isn't the first time, nor the last, in which Americans have proven their ability to vote in ways that are completely against their own best interests - the common Americans that is. The rich on the other hand, know exactly where their bread is buttered, and are wetting themselves in anticipation of Trumpanomics.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

complexintentions wrote:meh. Rockie, the US isn't governed by one person.
Forgive me but that is grasping at a straw. A few points:

1. The Republican party has been hijacked completely by the racist, extremist fringe because almost to a man/woman they are spineless cowards. They've already proven themselves to be whimpering embarrassments beneath Trump. Don't expect them to rein him in.

2. Trump will populate his cabinet and advisory staff with sycophants who will NEVER contradict him. You know this.

3. Trump doesn't take advice. You know that also.

4. The next biggest group of voters who elected him are people sick of politicians who say one thing and do another. You know - the ones who unbelievably think he "says it like it is". So Trump is going to either do as he says and cater to the xenophobes/bigots/misogynists/nationalists, or he's going to be yet another politician who says one thing but does another. The least frightening one by far is the latter and is the one the rest of the world hopes for. Me, I think he's the former.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Well, at least we have front row seats to the show, Rockie!

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

Well as Canadians, the best thing we can do now is sponsor American refugees. I know of a few (actually a lot) of us in the pilot group who are willing to take one or two into our homes, at least the 18-24 year-old disenfranchised swimsuit models who feel threatened by Trump (and his small grabby hands).

g5
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by g5 »

So happy the Saudi's wench has been defeated. Time to dismantle the NWO, bolster the constitution and Make America Great Again!

B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

1.). What does this have to do with Canadian Aviation?

2.) Trump will be far less damaging than Hillary. I suspect that we just dodged war with Iran.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

B208 wrote:1.). What does this have to do with Canadian Aviation?
International agreements of every kind are subject to cancellation or renegotiation by the most nationalistic/anti-trade leader the US has seen. Trump is going to try and undo something that is woven irrevocably deep into this modern world we live in. There are going to be huge economic consequences that WILL affect aviation along with everything else.
B208 wrote:2.) Trump will be far less damaging than Hillary. I suspect that we just dodged war with Iran.
Since Trump wants to tear up the only agreement holding Iran's nuclear weapon development program in check he's actually making war with Iran more likely. The worst that could be said of Clinton was that she would be the status quo completely obstructed in anything she wanted to do by a Republican congress. Why do you think nothing got done in the last six years of Obama's administration? Trump represents chaos and anarchy - it's why he was voted in. Did you know there was a poll taken where 22% of Trump supporters actually thought he might start a nuclear war, and they still voted for him. How's that for intelligent thought?

Read this article from The Atlantic. It should scare the crap out of you.
http://www.theatlantic.com/internationa ... ea/506750/

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

On the bright side if he tears up NAFTA maybe we can write a trade agreement that doens't give the US the right to our water and softwood. Plus he said Keystone XL is a go which could help Alberta aviation in a huge way.

Return to “General Comments”