Envoy air and the Americans

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Envoy air and the Americans

Post by MrTurbine »

Envoy air and the Americans are starting to get the right idea. I wish Canadian companies would follow!

http://www.pilotcareercenter.com/Aviati ... o%20%2460k
---------- ADS -----------

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Envoy air and the Americans

Post by AirMail »

you'll have to do more than rub the Genie out of the bottle for that to happen

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

The Envoy Air recruitment page, starting pay up to 38$ an hour and upgrades in approx. 3 years. For a dollar less an hour and upgrades happening in less than 12 months, Canadian regionals still seem pretty decent.

Braaaap
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Braaaap »

Yycjetdriver wrote:The Envoy Air recruitment page, starting pay up to 38$ an hour and upgrades in approx. 3 years. For a dollar less an hour and upgrades happening in less than 12 months, Canadian regionals still seem pretty decent.
Did you take into account the exchange rate?

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

Braaaap wrote:
Yycjetdriver wrote:The Envoy Air recruitment page, starting pay up to 38$ an hour and upgrades in approx. 3 years. For a dollar less an hour and upgrades happening in less than 12 months, Canadian regionals still seem pretty decent.
Oh wow no I didn't, actually I didn't even know they dont pay their pilots in CAD..... All American pilot should commute from Canada they'd be way better off!.......

Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

And a flow to mainline.

However this is nothing more than supply and demand. There are very few pilots on the back end of the upward hiring. These bonuses are designed for other regional pilots to laterally move from one RJ to another.

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
Braaaap
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Braaaap »

Yycjetdriver wrote:
Braaaap wrote:
Oh wow no I didn't, actually I didn't even know they dont pay their pilots in CAD..... All American pilot should commute from Canada they'd be way better off!.......
Well there you go...Now you know.

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

Nark wrote:And a flow to mainline.

However this is nothing more than supply and demand. There are very few pilots on the back end of the upward hiring. These bonuses are designed for other regional pilots to laterally move from one RJ to another.

But are there any regional or mainline companies in Canada that have any sort of retention bonus? I've never heard of one so far. I know it's more so popular in the Far East (Asian/Middle East companies)

I'm happy that the US is trying to make it better for regional FO's.

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

MrTurbine wrote:
Nark wrote:And a flow to mainline.

But are there any regional or mainline companies in Canada that have any sort of retention bonus? I've never heard of one so far. I know it's more so popular in the Far East (Asian/Middle East companies)

I'm happy that the US is trying to make it better for regional FO's.
Lol that is the furthest from the truth. They aren't trying t make it better. They are forced to make it better. They will drop the bonuses, etc the first chance they get.

Return to “General Comments”