C or N registered plane in New Zealand?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

C or N registered plane in New Zealand?

Post by Cessna 180 »

Does anyone know of any C or N registered light singles or twins in New Zealand that someone could rent or lease a small block time? I know it's not particularly hard to find one in Europe. I'm heading down there in 6 months or so and wouldn't mind going up for a few hours with a friend that's living there and would prefer not to go up with an instructor for the whole time.
---------- ADS -----------

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: C or N registered plane in New Zealand?

Post by Panama Jack »

Good luck with finding one.

Might just be easier to do the New Zealand Flight Review with an instructor and get a temporary license validation issued for 6 months. That way you can potentially rent any New Zealand registered aircraft.

http://www.caa.govt.nz/pilots/Flight_Cr ... n_Info.pdf

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by PointyEngine »

N526CH is roaming around, seen it at Hamilton last week. It's a turbine 210, looks pretty slick. Haven't seen much else smaller than a Gulfstream, other than that!

The temporary license validation as I understand isn't a horrific or expensive process (Which is rare for anything involving NZ CAA). A lot of aeroclubs can do Bi-Annual Flight Reviews (BFR), which is the same thing in essence. Produce a current license, medical and evidence of logbook and do a flight check. It's basically an abbreviated PPL flight test. If you were going to go down that route, flick a few emails to the aeroclub closest to where you are planning on being, and they're usually more than happy to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

Thanks for the help. Maybe I'll do the license validation. A turbine 210 might be a bit more than I want to rent, looking for for a piston Cessna, Piper, or Diamond haha. I'll check it out. Hopefully it's faster than the FAA validating my foreign license (in that case, I better start now).

Return to “General Comments”