PPIP (Life Insurance)

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

floats4fun
Rank 2
Rank 2

PPIP (Life Insurance)

Post by floats4fun »

Hey everyone,

It's that time of life hehe. I am starting to do some homework on life insurance. One broker I have been in talks with has already mentioned aviation questionaires and possibly higher rates because I am a pilot. Another guy told me it shouldn't affect the quote, and to sign on the dotted line.

I have looked into PPIP and like the fact they not only have life insurance plans, but loss of medical plans/coverage as well.

I have used the search function, but most threads that I have read through are a few years old. I
am in search for more opinions of PPIP should you have them, what type of coverage do you have, and are you satisfied with PPIP overall?

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: PPIP (Life Insurance)

Post by Beefitarian »

I have turned down offers for life insurance because they had a clause about if you die in an aircraft you are piloting. I had to tell them repeatedly, "I'm a pilot. This is no good for me." Obviously that was back when I flew more.

I would not trust the guy that said it shouldn't affect the quote. Insurance often seems like a game of, "How can we not pay out." The better policy seems more expensive unless you need to use it.

justwork
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by justwork »

I used a broker. $20 a month for $750,000. Being a pilot made zero difference in my policy. I don't know what PPIP is but if you use a insurance broker and tell them you're a pilot, they'll find a policy for you.

StandingBy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by StandingBy »

I use PIPP to insure myself and my wife. It's about 70/month for 500k each. My colleague does the same; he had an pilot friend lose his wife, and PIPP paid out as advertised. My understanding is that the requirement of an ATPL and Cat 1 medical takes a bit of the risk out of the equation for them (as opposed to insuring recreational pilots). Hence the reasonable premiums. That is just an assumption on my part.

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

Has anyone had any luck disability and extended benefits? Sunlife wanted more money since I was a pilot (extended benefits). I have Canadian and US CPL with Cat1/Class 1 medical.

Return to “General Comments”