Suggestions - AIRAF in 5 days!!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

sky_ruler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Suggestions - AIRAF in 5 days!!

Post by sky_ruler »

I started my Instructor Rating 2 months ago. I've been studying the study materials from Flight Instructor Guide,pilottraining.ca & Sharper Edge. I have my AIRAF exam in 5 days. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.. Anyone who has done the exam recently, Could you please be able to share your feedback ?

---------- ADS -----------

fixnfly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Suggestions - AIRAF in 5 days!!

Post by fixnfly »

sky_ruler wrote:I started my Instructor Rating 2 months ago. I've been studying the study materials from Flight Instructor Guide,pilottraining.ca & Sharper Edge. I have my AIRAF exam in 5 days. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.. Anyone who has done the exam recently, Could you please be able to share your feedback ?

Really study the FIG. Lots of situational questions on how to correct student behavior. Theory of flight questions. How altitude affects lift/drag ratio, laminar flow with high lift aerofoils. Maintaining a constant radius turn around an object(increase speed or bank angle?)Alcohol and how it affects orientation after you have stopped drinking. Wheel barrowing, Hydroplaning. Each of the flight test guides and what the limitations are for each exercise. These were some of the questions/topics I was asked.

sky_ruler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sky_ruler »

Thanks very much fixnfly!

fixnfly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fixnfly »

sky_ruler wrote:Thanks very much fixnfly!
Yea no problem. I actually found some old notes from my classmate as well.

Comparing a turncoordinator to turn and bank (yaw and roll)
how lift drag ratio is affected by aspect ratio
will a headwind increase or decrease gliding distance? How about rate of descent? and GS?
Oral question to lead into "What is carb heat to the engine?"
Angle of attack increases does the center of pressure move forward or back?
Instruments to use for unusual attitudes
Difference between greyout blackout and redout. Which one results in temp blindness from positive G force
How many statellites for 3 dimensional position fix? How many for time correction?
Performance standards for landing. Touchdown on centerline or 25feet from edge or wingspan from the centerline?
Methods for reducing checklist errors
High key and low key for a forced approach
recommended procedures for an obstacle approach
requirements for solo flight training at night(pilot license for any aircraft? or aeroplane/heli license or gyro license?
time period prior to the expiry of an instructor rating that a renewal flight test may be conducted?
Flight escape mechanism definition
Requirements to teach groundschool?

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

Review and be familiar with the licencing requirements and any expiry times for all the various licences and ratings - PPL, CPL, Night, Instructor 4, 3 ,2 and 1.

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
sky_ruler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sky_ruler »

Thank you folks!

sky_ruler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sky_ruler »

Got 90%. Thank you everyone for your help!

Return to “General Comments”