More Airline Follies. American and dangerous Mother and Baby

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: More Airline Follies. American and dangerous Mother and Baby

Post by altiplano »

rookiepilot wrote:
altiplano wrote:Media is making a story and getting traffic off​ stories about the big bad airlines and clearly there is always more to the story.

I for one am glad that guy was dragged off the UA flight and clearly this woman had to go... the hothead should have been booted too...

The BS about social media allowing people to "stand up for their rights" against the horrible airline employees is ridiculous, these are good people with tough jobs and your only right is to get on the plane in an organised fashion, follow directions and quietly take your seat. When shiiiit happens and your stroller or bag doesn't fit or you don't get the seat you wanted or irops or equipment or schedule disrupt your travel plans or you miss your flight, you just have to roll with it, these people all want you to go and are working to make it happen... I've seen some abhorrent behaviour by people in airports and airplanes and I'm not sure these people could act that way anywhere else in our society and feel they could get away with it....
Altiplano,

I also, as a cooperative, prepared, very polite passenger, deserve to be treated with simple respect by airline staff. Respect and courtesy isn't always offered in Canada for one, for example on our flag carrier. I'm polite. I listen. I expect a pleasant response not attitude and a snarl.

Personally I've had enough of it and have seen the difference when I flew Cathay to Hong Kong. First time, and a truly fantastic experience. Professional and nice staff. I will be a regular with them.

You forget in Canada what a pleasant experience is with so many of the surly staff in this country. The customer service truly sucks on a broad scale. I fly a lot internationally and spend good dollars, and am happy to give foreign carriers my business if they are the ones to treat people with simple respect. A smile doesn't hurt either.

Rudeness and attitude in employees is simply not acceptable.
I didn't say it was and your comment doesn't respond to any of my points in these recent media cases, but rather goes off on its own narrative so I'm not sure why you quoted me.

Here you had a crazy guy saying he'd rather be killed than get off the aircraft - bring combative, flailing, screening, swinging - not even responding to police intervention... c'mon! I wouldn't want him on my flight anymore even if someone else volunteers to get off instead. What's he going to do when the wheels are up and my crew tells him he can't do something? Would you want him sitting next to you all the way to HKG unstable and agitated after he went crazy?

Same goes for this woman, the independent witness stated she had oversized bags and promptly freaked out about it when told she couldn't bring them on - then this hero tells the flight attendant he'd knock his block off... This isn't the behaviour of behaved, polite, cooperative people...

Media is embellishing this shit, upsetting the uninformed public with unbalanced stories and it isn't journalism - this kind of stuff used to be for tabloids...

Are people really snarling at you all the time in Canada? I'm not sure why my experience doesn't resemble yours.

I've flown a lot on AC and other airlines too, as an employee and a passenger - I have been rushed before being last one running for a flight or standing by... but never snarled at... I don't expect to be doted on... maybe you do? I don't know... overall how many interactions do you end up having on a trip? Flying really is pretty simple - that said I watch the service closely before/during flights and I have seen people not get what they wanted and get extremely upset... maybe agents need to sugarcoat it more or use some baby talk or something for some people, I am okay to just hear it straight though... it is what it is... didn't get the upgrade, didn't get on, got a middle seat, not sitting together, luggage didn't make it, no room in the overhead... so it goes, that's life...

Happy future travels wherever you go on whoever it is anyway...
---------- ADS -----------

Rudy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: More Airline Follies. American and dangerous Mother and Baby

Post by Rudy »

American passenger arrested for assaulting ANA employee

A 44-year-old American male passenger has been charged with assault after he choked an All Nippon Airways (ANA) employee at Narita International Airport on Monday night.

Video of a rumble with another passenger:
https://streamable.com/mv3i1
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”