Chartright Paiggio questions

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Crazy_Canuck
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chartright Paiggio questions

Post by Crazy_Canuck »

I noticed that chartright posted a job ad for flight crew on the piaggio, I was wondering if anyone had any info on schedule, bonds, pay ect. Just the regular stuff.
---------- ADS -----------

Chartright
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Chartright Paiggio questions

Post by Chartright »

Training bond is $26300.00 CAD prorated over 24 months at rate of 1095.83 per 30 day period

Salary for Captain is 70K per year and FO 40K per year

300-350 hours per year with a mix of owner and charter flights

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

You'd be nuts to pay a bond like that now for that pay.

Lots of 703 are paying around $100k with no bond these days.

Chartright
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Chartright »

The bond is only paid if you leave and it is prorated. 300 hours per year sounds better than 1000 per year

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

Chartright wrote:The bond is only paid if you leave and it is prorated. 300 hours per year sounds better than 1000 per year
Hours are irrelevant if you're stuck in your base/tied to your phone 28 days a month. I'd rather 1200 hours and have a set schedule/ reliable days off. But maybe that's why you failed to respond to the schedule part of the original posters question.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Bede wrote: Lots of 703 are paying around $100k with no bond these days.
There are a few medevac operators like that, but "lots"? Do you have a list?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

I love this hole shortage thing.... :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

AWOS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AWOS »

Chartright wrote:Training bond is $26300.00 CAD prorated over 24 months at rate of 1095.83 per 30 day period

Hard pass. There are way better options than that right now.

Rebel99
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rebel99 »

FL-280 wrote:I love this hole shortage thing.... :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

There's a shortage of holes? Or, did you mean whole shortage?

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

For YYC that's pretty good pay. I wouldn't take it but SW and NCA pay less than 60K for twin turbine captains (jet/dash carrot dangle), and CMA and GGN pay less than 50K (PML/airline carrot dangle).

there may be a shortage of holes (whatever that means) but YYC is still in a depression. 100 000 people on EI...

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Chartright wrote:The bond is only paid if you leave and it is prorated. 300 hours per year sounds better than 1000 per year
The bond also ties you there financially if you don't like the job. It allows employers to be less than pleasant to work for because they know the employees can't afford to quit. I know several guys who hate their jobs and dread going into work. They're absolutely miserable and constantly stressed, but they can't leave because of the bond. I was in a similar situation once. It actually got to the point where I was fired, and suddenly I was a much happier person.

Do you want to be that type of employer? Or would you prefer employees be able to leave if they dislike the work environment?

Disclaimer: I know nothing of Chartright. I observe the types of companies with nasty bonds and the accompanying work environment they provide

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

digits_ wrote:
Bede wrote: Lots of 703 are paying around $100k with no bond these days.
There are a few medevac operators like that, but "lots"? Do you have a list?
List from Thunder Bay only (rumour only):
Thunder
Ornge
North Star Air
Air Bravo

West peak
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by West peak »

Well I have to give Chartright a thumbs up for at least coming on this forum and giving more details out than they would perhaps normally.

However to the original poster, if it helps, have it on good authority that both current crew members have just quit within days/ weeks of each other (maybe a red flag) and as a 2 crew machine you'll be on a 14 and 3 schedule, or put a different way, you are on call for about 300 days a year. That's 300 days that you can't plan to do anything. Yes you might only fly 300-350 hours a year, but when your day consists of flying an hour or two and waiting around all day for an hour or two flight back, it can take a while to build up.

If you're a low time guy, look for somewhere that builds time fast. This, or any other type of management outfit is not the place for time building, and without it you can forget about any upgrades.

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

goingnowherefast wrote:
The bond also ties you there financially if you don't like the job. It allows employers to be less than pleasant to work for because they know the employees can't afford to quit. I know several guys who hate their jobs and dread going into work. They're absolutely miserable and constantly stressed, but they can't leave because of the bond. I was in a similar situation once. It actually got to the point where I was fired, and suddenly I was a much happier person.

Do you want to be that type of employer? Or would you prefer employees be able to leave if they dislike the work environment?

Disclaimer: I know nothing of Chartright. I observe the types of companies with nasty bonds and the accompanying work environment they provide
If it's so bad, I would rather declare bankrupt than stay there...

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

Rebel99 wrote:
FL-280 wrote:I love this hole shortage thing.... :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

There's a shortage of holes? Or, did you mean whole shortage?
Now that you put in that way..... both!!

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

goingnowherefast wrote:

Bingo! That's exactly why Chartright will never drop bonds no matter how short they are. They'll dangle the only 300 ish hours a year carrot, which may distract some naive people from the terrible 14/3 schedule. But once you're on site and realize the only days off that you can rely on for planning purposes is only 10 vacation days, as they won't allow you to combine them with your scheduled days off, which will be moved however they see fit with zero notice, people get fed up and want to leave. Heck if your spouse or significant other gets what most companies see as the bare minimum vacation, you as a Chartright pilot wouldn't even be able to join them for them for the full 2 weeks. But I'm sure they'll appreciate you sitting around the house phone in hand, or your random unexpected/unplanned days off in the middle of the week.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I still don't understand the legality of 2 year bonds for 2 separate 1 year PPC's. If you quit after 12 months they can make you pay for training you haven't received yet?

skymarc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by skymarc »

How do they come up a cost $26300 for initial training + a recurrent on a Piaggio?

Chartright wrote:Training bond is $26300.00 CAD prorated over 24 months at rate of 1095.83 per 30 day period

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Sim course, Flights, hotels and per diems x2. All encompassing, it's probably pretty accurate for actual costs.

Hayseed
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Hayseed »

Is the 14 and 3 schedule mentioned above (on call for about 300 days a year) a typical schedule at Chartright?

Return to “General Comments”