Pros and Cons of working at Sky Regional

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

MedicineBuddha
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Pros and Cons of working at Sky Regional

#26 Post by MedicineBuddha » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:13 pm

It looks to me that Jazz is undercutting Sky Regional and NOT the other way around ...
Aside from the obvious varying degrees of probable flexibility at a larger operation why work at Jazz??

Seems like sour grapes on Jazz's end..

Jazz start wage 34.50/hr vs upwards of 40/ HR. Also from what I hear OT kicks in at jazz after 85 hours. Also, no two tiered pay schedule at one company..
---------- ADS -----------

MedicineBuddha
Rank 0
Rank 0

#27 Post by MedicineBuddha » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:18 pm

It looks to me that Jazz is undercutting Sky Regional and NOT the other way around ...
Aside from the obvious varying degrees of probable flexibility at a larger operation why work at Jazz??

Jazz start wage 34.50/hr vs upwards of 40/ HR. Also from what I hear OT kicks in at jazz after 85 hours. Also, no two tiered pay schedule at one company..

Broker
Rank 1
Rank 1

#28 Post by Broker » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:58 pm

DGuy wrote:Is there an upper age-limit of hiring experienced pilots at Skyregional? Oldest pilot hired at Skyregional?
Retired mainline guys.

confusedalot
Rank 7
Rank 7

#29 Post by confusedalot » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:49 am

Not limited to retired mainline of course. Circumstance (company closure) brought me there at 53 a while back, not there anymore.

A few other non mainline high profile types there, or were there, as well.

Flame away if you must.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

JetSetter87
Rank 1
Rank 1

#30 Post by JetSetter87 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:52 am

Greetings fellow aviators,

Does any know if they have a PICUS program on the Embraer.

mbav8r
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#31 Post by mbav8r » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:41 pm

MedicineBuddha wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:18 pm

Interesting, you post on another thread about the conditions at Jazz from an insiders perspective, so if you are at Jazz what is the answer to the question above, why work at Jazz?
Are you a new born, Jazz might be undercutting SR now but when we had 135 aircraft and were doing the work SR is doing now, we did pay better!
I wish Jazz had a better way to weed out applicants, clearly you were deceitful during your interview. You would have interviewed around the same time you made this post to be on line and posting about it 3 months later saying how you average 7 legs a day etc.
BTW, you and pilots like you who complain about the conditions but accept them, then go on forums and talk about how if you get a PFO from AC you’ll be applying elsewhere, assuming Encore is on that list, given what I can gather from you Swoop too, are why the undercutting is continuing.

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

#32 Post by Grey_Wolf » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Out of curiosity, is the Terms of Employment (TOE) dated March 2017 the most recent?

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu

Return to “General Comments”