Bill Tourtell has passed away.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Bill Tourtell has passed away.

Post by hazatude »

Great aviator who was CFI (and everything else) at Peninsulair for many years. I'll update with details as the become available.

I posted this on facebook the other day,

"I am not a pilot. One thing I learned from aviation, though, was from old Bill Tourtell. He said, "No matter how bad things get, 'FLY THE AIRPLANE', if you lose a wing, 'FLY THE AIRPLANE'"! This applies to our lives as much or more as it does in the sky. No matter how bad things get, Fly YOUR Airplane"!

He will be missed.
---------- ADS -----------

C-GPME
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Bill Tourtell has passed away.

Post by C-GPME »

RIP Mr. Tourtell

My condolences to his family. I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Bill for a couple years. You will be missed.

Cheers,

PME

hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

fleet16b
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by fleet16b »

RIP Mr Tourtell

Many many moons ago I worked with Bill when I was a Ramp Rat at Peninsulair
Bill was the CFI there at the time.
Each evening as the sun was setting , I would fuel up the Cherokees and then put them into the hanger for the night . Some nights we finished early and others it took longer.
Bill never left until all of us were finished , if we stayed late , he stayed late . We young guys had a lot of respect for him because of that.
Many times we would sit in his office at the end of the shift , drink coffee as he would regale us with stories from his aviation career . When I look back now he was actually teaching us things and was able to do it without making us feel we were being taught.
He loved airplanes , aviation and everything to do with it .
Thank you Mr Tourtell

...isn't he the best pilot you've ever seen?....Yeah he is ....except when I'm shaving.........
cxchd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cxchd »

Wow.
Bill was my instructor in 1980. He got me through my private and commercial. Very inspirational and always had something encouraging to help with those days that things just didn't go right. Now flying a 767 I still look back to my days at Peninsulair and Bill.

RIP Bill

FOXBATONE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FOXBATONE »

Rest in peace

Return to “General Comments”