PC24 jet nears certification

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

PC24 jet nears certification

Post by oldncold »

Good news. Last week aug 08ththe Williams fj44 engines received certification for the pc24

Plane Sense is launch customer of the new go almost anywhere biz jet. Flight Safety is gearing up. For new trainees for late October. Mid Nov2017
Last winters cold wx testing in Iqaluit, Nunavut. Went very well with overnite Temps reaching down to a frosty -37c. So program nearly complete. Medivacs will never be the same with this awesome bird in the sky the Australian royal flying doctors is also on the list of customers. Kudos Pilatus.

Makes ya wonder if those smart engineers are already thinking of. Supersonic /hypersonic biz jet that can Land and take off like the 24. Sure would give new meaning to the Ole phrase. Take a sales meeting. Fly safe 8)
---------- ADS -----------

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: PC24 jet nears certification

Post by Heliian »

Bushjet. It sure looks nifty but I think people are putting a little too much pressure on pilatus about it's capabilities. There is always a trade off.

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

As of last month, when I did a factory tour in Stans, they still hadn't done any gravel ops testing...will be interesting to hear what comes of that.

bushwings
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bushwings »

I just remember all the critics when people started flying the PC12 like a bush plane. I'm willing to give Pilatus some credit based on past performance when they claim to have a 'bush' jet.

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

bushwings wrote:I just remember all the critics when people started flying the PC12 like a bush plane. I'm willing to give Pilatus some credit based on past performance when they claim to have a 'bush' jet.
I have all the respect in the world for pilatus. Great company. I was very impressed by how much work is done in house. They contract out far far less than any of the big manufacturers. So much is done in their factory in Stans. And they are very dedicated to their employees. Many executives that in upper management now started at pilatus out of technical school.

But, I was just a little surprised that none of the FTV's had operated off gravel as of July.

Return to “General Comments”