AVCANADA

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:17 pm

All times are UTC-07:00




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:15 pm 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7259
Impressively observant of you to notice I didn't address your ideas on the CBC B208. I didn't know I was supposed to, but since you expect me to I'll be honest and say it's a stupid idea. You clearly have no clue about specific Canadian requirements in a public broadcaster.

Did Bismarck find great success nogotiating like a 13 year old? I wouldn't have guessed.



Last edited by Rockie on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:59 pm 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7259
.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:31 am 
Offline
Rank 6
Rank 6

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:00 pm
Posts: 496
Rockie wrote:
You clearly have no clue about specific Canadian requirements in a public broadcaster.


Ah, and here we see the crux of your problem Rockie. You assume that your requirements are everyone's requirements. You are wrong.

Times have changed since the CBC was conceived. It is no longer needed.

Quote:
Did Bismarck find great success nogotiating like a 13 year old? I wouldn't have guessed.


No, he advocated subtlety irritating your opponent until you got under their skin and they made a mistake; such as over indulging the urge for ad hominem.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7259
Your opinion is that it's no longer needed. If you were right Canadians wouldn't support it and therefore governments wouldn't either. Seems you're wrong, not even Harper could get rid of it though not for lack of effort.

You don't annoy me, but it is strange why you would view this as some sort of contest where you need to resort to juvenile tactics to force an error out of me. What for? What are we negotiating and what do you win besides bragging rights in the junior high lunch cafeteria?



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:33 am 
Offline
Rank 6
Rank 6

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:00 pm
Posts: 496
Rockie wrote:
If you were right Canadians wouldn't support it and therefore governments wouldn't either.


Morning Dude, time for your Monday dose of reality. There are a small number of Canadians, (like you), who strongly support the CBC. There are a small number of Canadians, (like me), who strongly oppose the CBC. The vast majority of Canadians don't give a dead rat's ass one way or the other about the CBC.

Rockie wrote:
You don't annoy me,


Oh, my mistake. I guess your normal manner is just snipping and confrontational.

Rockie wrote:
but it is strange why you would view this as some sort of contest..


Couple of points here:
1.) It is a contest of influence. You, (and many others), purvey an ideology that is slow poison. I, along with an increasing number of others, will not allow it to pass unchallenged.
2.) If you don't view it as a contest, why do you keep coming back to the discussion?

Back to the original point at hand. Many people lack confidence in the standards at the CBC. The leaked email validates that lack of confidence.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:14 am 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7259
B208 wrote:
2.) If you don't view it as a contest, why do you keep coming back to the discussion?


Entertainment mostly. That, plus a small dose of trying to fathom how a mind like yours works since as you say your kind seems to have had great success lately especially down in the US of A. It's true you've been enjoying a surge since the first black president was elected (a coincidence I'm sure). It's also true people like you have always been around but more underground.

The "contest" in the large scheme of things is to drive you back underground. Time will tell how that develops, but here on AvCanada it's all just fun and entertainment.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:58 am 
Offline
Rank 6
Rank 6

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:00 pm
Posts: 496
Rockie wrote:
B208 wrote:
2.) If you don't view it as a contest, why do you keep coming back to the discussion?

trying to fathom how a mind like yours works


Your drive for self improvement is laudable.

Quote:
It's true you've been enjoying a surge since the first black president was elected (a coincidence I'm sure).


Now, that is interesting. Your first instinct is to go for race. Your argument that we should elect Obama because he is black, is very similar to the argument that we should have elected Hillary because she was a woman. Both are stupid arguments.

My arguments against Obama are that he never produced anything on his own, he simply redistributed what others had made. He practiced the politics of division and used racial lines to enhance his political position, (he didn't invent that; he borrowed that page from the Nazis). He built no bridges and left his country weaker, poorer and horribly divided.

Hillary was a criminal.

I note that you steadfastly refuse to address the lack of integrity shown by the CBC.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:01 am 
Offline
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:04 am
Posts: 1659
This “ dude” certainly had a following and good ratings amongst his contributions to the Canadian way via CBC

http://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2017/0 ... ck03XqVmf1



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:26 am 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7259
B208 wrote:
Now, that is interesting. Your first instinct is to go for race.


It wasn't my first instinct at all, your posts over time have painted a very clear unequivacle picture of who you are.

B208 wrote:
Your argument that we should elect Obama because he is black, is very similar to the argument that we should have elected Hillary because she was a woman. Both are stupid arguments.


This is why I try and find out how your brain works. I've never said, hinted or intimated anybody should be elected because they're black, nor have I suggested anybody should be elected because they are female. I agree, both are stupid arguments. Not as stupid however as arguing that they shouldn't be elected for those reasons. You don't hate Clinton because she's a criminal, if that was it you'd hate Trump. But you don't somehow...very strange this blind spot people like you have.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:02 am 
Offline
Rank 6
Rank 6

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:00 pm
Posts: 496
Rockie wrote:
B208 wrote:
Now, that is interesting. Your first instinct is to go for race.

It wasn't my first instinct at all.


Well, it was the first thing out of your keyboard. The accusation of some 'ism' is the default play of modern fascists when their positions are challenged and they have no cogent argument with which to defend themselves. And, yes, Rockie; I did just call you a fascist.
Luckily, this tactic has been overused and the public at large has seen it for what it is; the misapplication of a label in an attempt to divert attention from a weak position.

Quote:
I've never said, hinted or intimated anybody should be elected because they're black, nor have I suggested anybody should be elected because they are female.



...but you call anyone who won't vote for them either a racist or a sexist, hence the very strong implication that their race or gender are their main selling point for you. If you want to be taken seriously, leave race and gender out of the discussion.

Quote:
Not as stupid however as arguing that they shouldn't be elected for those reasons.

True. Obama shouldn't have been elected because he was an opportunist ideologue who had never had to function outside the halls of government or academia. Clinton wasn't elected because she was an unlikeable, elitist hypocrite who carried with her a tremendous stench of corruption.

Quote:
You don't hate Clinton because she's a criminal, if that was it you'd hate Trump.
[/quote]

I don't hate Clinton, I just trust her less than Trump. Hell, I even trust her less than the CBC!

Which brings me back to the point of how you can support the CBC in spite of the evidence that they lack integrity.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:20 pm 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7259
B208 wrote:
The accusation of some 'ism' is the default play of modern fascists when their positions are challenged and they have no cogent argument with which to defend themselves. And, yes, Rockie; I did just call you a fascist.


Like I said...blind spot. Or maybe you just don't know what you're talking about.

[fash-iz-uh m]
noun
1. (sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:46 pm 
Offline
Rank 6
Rank 6

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:00 pm
Posts: 496
Rockie wrote:
[flash-iz-uh m]
noun
1. (sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.


An apt description of modern progressives. Their calls to deny their opponents' a chance to speak, (see 'no-platforming' and the banning of conservative speakers from many universities), is suppression of criticism. Their calls for socialism and social license is the regimenting of industry and commerce. Their strong emphasis on ethnic politics and division is aggressive nationalism and their adherence to the tenet of white priveldge is racism. Progressives are fascists. You support fascists. I am well aware that I aimed an 'ism' at you. The difference between what I did and what you did is that I can back mine up with empirical fact. You, on the other hand, have nothing.

And, back to the point at hand; How can you defend the CBC after they have displayed a distinct lack of integrity?



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline
Rank 5
Rank 5
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Posts: 341
Location: location, location, is what matters
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rockie

Carry on.


_________________
Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:53 pm 
Offline
Rank 10
Rank 10

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:48 pm
Posts: 2728
Example....

The CBC said over and over again during that famous Copenhagen summit that all those leaders(and so many others) were going there to "Save the World". Who the hell are CBC reporters to decide that they are "Saving the world". Meanwhile, there was never any explanation about why not one major hurricane hit the US for over a decade but as soon as Harvey, the first major hurricane to strike the US in a decade hit.....

Guess what? Articles by the CBC linking it to climate change as seen here...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/hurri ... -1.4265636

Just for your keen interest. Near the bottom of this Wikipedia article are the statistics by decade of hurricane strikes in the US. Interestingly, the worst is the 1880's(before the invention of the car) and the least amount of hurricane strikes....well the 2010's are not over yet but it is the last 10 years. And we were promised more and stronger by those who insulted the man-made deniers.

The CBC has an agenda and it in general mirrors the left wing agenda. Otherwise they will cease to exist with funds cut off.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:04 pm 
Offline
Rank 10
Rank 10

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:48 pm
Posts: 2728
Victory wrote:
If you want to see unbiased reporting there are much better examples than the CBC. Like the NHK for example. They just tell you what happened and the facts of any event. That's all I want.

Anytime the CBC covers anything Trump, for example, they have to add in little jokes and jabs. Even their tone of voice is condescending. Especially CBC Radio. It makes you wonder what else they are putting their own little spin on.

I'm just using Trump as an example btw I don't want to get into a discussion about him.


Saw this headline on the CBC website just today....
"Trump exits Paris Accord, Finding Genes Linked to Intelligence and more". No doubt...just a coincidence.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7259
Your persistent question was already answered in several of my posts on this thread B208. I'm not going to repeat it again, just to have you ask the same question again. Put in some effort.

I'm also not going to debate your ridiculous rewrite of the dictionary and reality. The BS you and your type foist on the world only feeds others like you, it is seen for the bullshit it is to anyone with a brain and actually uses it. This kind of bullshit appeals to a certain type that has been energized by the dangerous buffoon currently in the Oval Office, and it may yet win the day. I always told people to not be so hasty declaring a man like Trump would never win the presidency, because unlike most I never had confidence in the intelligence of the American electorate. They are at a level of ignorance where any huckster appealing to their baser instincts can win the day. Witness last November.

Are Trump's supporters getting smarter? He's absolutely right when he says he could shoot someone on fifth avenue and not lose his supporters, because as spectacularly stupid he is, he's smarter than they are.

I suspect you are driven by something not quite the same but very similar. You have a view of the world that cannot be allowed to win. You and your kind are dangerous for SO many reasons.

If as you say your kind is rising and cannot be driven back under the rock you crawled from, then society is headed for a terrible conflict. Both sides are intractable.

I wish I was wrong, unfortunately I've been right about where this is going so far. Maybe not been as pessimistic as I should have been. Imagine a President from any party before Trump doing 1/1000th of the shit he's done? Our entire human dignity and morality - worldwide - has been sunk to frightening depths because of him and his supporters. Can the world recover? Not without a fight, which I fear is coming.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:57 pm 
Offline
Rank 5
Rank 5
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Posts: 341
Location: location, location, is what matters
Here in quebec, we have the office de la langue francaise, better known as the tongue troopers. For some strange reason, no one has any respect for them.

_________________
Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7259
Read your signature sentence and look again at your online name. Believe it.

BTW, I agree with you about the language police.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline
Rank 5
Rank 5
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Posts: 341
Location: location, location, is what matters
he took the bait.

seems like there are many idiots on this forum and in the United States of America, n'est-ce pas?

do you possess the great truth?

I won't quite put you into the ''ism'' category, but you are getting dangrously close to the definition.

Aw man, gotta get some good sleeping pills for my retired and retarded life. :lol:


_________________
Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:21 am 
Offline
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:49 pm
Posts: 1720
Location: of my pants is unknown.
Quote:
I'm also not going to debate your ridiculous rewrite of the dictionary and reality. The BS you and your type foist on the world only feeds others like you, it is seen for the bullshit it is to anyone with a brain and actually uses it. This kind of bullshit appeals to a certain type that has been energized by the cartoonish child currently in the Prime Minister's Office, and it may yet win the day. I always told people to not be so hasty declaring a man like Trudeau would never win the PM's office because unlike most I never had confidence in the intelligence of the Canadian electorate. They are at a level of ignorance where any hipster appealing to their envious communist instincts can win the day. Witness October 2015.


Fixed that for ya. Interesting how well it flows still, n'est pas? It's pretty obvious the US of A has no monopoly on idiots.

But I'm glad you admit both sides are intractable. That's quite a big step from most "progressives", who insist they're tolerant, fair, and inclusive...usually while screaming down, suppressing, or bullying any viewpoint that doesn't match theirs lol.

Do elaborate on what sort of form this looming "fight" will take?

#Trumpocalypse2017


_________________
I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:04 am 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7259
Someone as intelligent and world wise as you shouldn't have to ask that question if you paid more attention to both history and current events. The extreme, violent right is rising all over the world with people like Alex Jones as their preacher and powerful dimwits like Trump providing them cover and legitimacy. It's happening everywhere, even in Germany as the last few days have shown.

Your remarks about Trudeau suggests you naively think this is still just about politics. It's not and hasn't been for quite some time so you need to catch up. Charlottesville was not an anomaly, it was a preview of where we are headed.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:53 am 
Offline
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:49 pm
Posts: 1720
Location: of my pants is unknown.
Well, I've been saying for some time to anyone who will listen that the exact same factors that started the last "Great War" have been in place for awhile now. Even a novice student of history can see that. And yep, history always repeats. Most people are completely consumed by the frenzied banality of their lives these days, with our hyper-connected selves. It's full-on zombie nation now, glued to a screen every waking minute. I have a feeling that isn't by accident. Very few are paying attention to much more than their own little echo chamber.

What I find interesting is getting the European perspective from my sig other whose country has lived through both the Nazis and the Commies in the last century. She and family are literally amazed at the socialist path Canada is racing down. Been there, done that, didn't work out so great. Don't lose sight of the extremists on the left while you're ranting against the ones on the right.

Really, it just depends on which point in the same old cycle a country or region is in. North America is due for a war, it's been a few generations now. Anyone born in the last three generations in Canada has never even know war directly. Historically, that's rare. The peacetime has lasted longer than usual but eventually it'll turn to revolution again. Always does. But I still say that Trump and rise of his ilk is a symptom, not a cause.

All topics for another time and place, I suppose.


_________________
I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:56 am 
Offline
Rank 6
Rank 6

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:00 pm
Posts: 496
Rockie wrote:
Your persistent question was already answered in several of my posts on this thread B208. I'm not going to repeat it again, just to have you ask the same question again. Put in some effort.


I know you answered it. I keep asking it because your answer high-lights your ability to double think.

Quote:
I'm also not going to debate your....


You're not going to debate it because I have you dead to rights and you can't muster any effective counter argument. Your cause fits the very definition of fascism. I'm sorry, but truth is often ugly.

Quote:
He's absolutely right when he says he could shoot someone on fifth avenue and not lose his supporters, because as spectacularly stupid he is, he's smarter than they are.


Fair enough, but compare that with Hillary who has been associated with a plethora of suspicious deaths and still maintains her core supporters. Trumps supporters may be stupid, but so are Hillary's. Ying to each other's yang

Quote:
If as you say your kind is rising and cannot be driven back under the rock you crawled from, then society is headed for a terrible conflict. Both sides are intractable.


Setting aside your bluster, you are right. Decades of cultural marxism have brought us to this point. The marxists won't back down because they have been to deeply indoctrinated and the rest of us can't back down because the survival of Western society and culture is at stake.

Quote:
I wish I was wrong, unfortunately I've been right about where this is going so far. Maybe not been as pessimistic as I should have been. Imagine a President from any party before Trump doing 1/1000th of the shit he's done? Our entire human dignity and morality - worldwide - has been sunk to frightening depths because of him and his supporters. Can the world recover? Not without a fight, which I fear is coming


Good Christ, that is just narcissistic drivel. What a provincial little mindset.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:46 am 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm
Posts: 18755
The CBC is the place to go if you are into the alternate life style.

_________________
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no


After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:46 pm 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am
Posts: 7259
complexintentions wrote:
Don't lose sight of the extremists on the left while you're ranting against the ones on the right.


Agreed. However the extreme left isn't as dangerous or violent as the extreme right.

complexintentions wrote:
But I still say that Trump and rise of his ilk is a symptom, not a cause.


Agreed again, this process started long before Trump arrived and set in place the conditions under which a man like him could get elected to the most dangerous position on the planet. But he's there, and that makes him by far the most dangerous man on the planet right now.

B208 wrote:
Fair enough, but compare that with Hillary who has been associated with a plethora of suspicious deaths and still maintains her core supporters.


Don't forget about the child prostitution ring operating out of a pizza parlour in DC, and the fact she is the devil incarnate. Your preacher Alex Jones says so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5KTiAcTEyc

B208 wrote:
Decades of cultural marxism have brought us to this point.


Took you longer than usual to bring that up B208. Did your subscription to Metapedia run out?



Last edited by Rockie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1053857, badmash, bernadinedq60, Bing [Bot], Circle to land, FighterPilot, fleetcanuck, HiLo, rosemariecp11 and 61 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off ]

For questions/comments please send them to
avcanada@gmail.com


AvCanada Topsites List
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. If you feel a topic or post is inappropriate email us at avcanada@gmail.com .  By reading these forums you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable. This website is not responsible or liable in any way for any false or misleading messages or job ads placed at our site. 

Use AvCanada's information at your own risk!

We reserve the right to remove any messages that we deem unacceptable.
When you post a message, your IP is logged and may be provided to concerned parties where unethical or illegal behavior is apparent. All rights reserved.