AVCANADA

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:09 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:22 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Dear Fellow Members,

I am writing this message in connection with an academic marketing research survey to understand airline passengers perceptions of digital wallet mobile app. This academic research survey is conducted by the University of Cote d’azur, France. The purpose of this survey is to understand how international travellers perceive the values of digital wallet mobile app. Furthermore, this study will also examine, which factors significantly influence the passenger’s perceived value of digital wallet mobile app and how it leverages the brand image, satisfaction and loyalty.

I am sending herewith the link of the survey

http://www.createsurvey.com/s/qGIXkp/?

Could you please participate in this survey. Your help will be beneficial for this survey. I thank you for your help and truly appreciate your support.

Kind Regards,
Vik

Last edited by vikflyer on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:25 pm 
Rank 5
Rank 5

No. Hard cold cash for me, as much as possible. Why let the banks & CC companies skim profits?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:35 pm 
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Jason, where do you get the foreign cash from if not a bank?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:39 pm 
Rank 5
Rank 5

Arrange it ahead of time. Most often I travel to US or Europe, both currencies are readily available here. I take it one step further and often buy my money in advance based on exchange rate trends.

The bank rate usually is not very good on C.C. transactions. They have you by the balls.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:43 pm 
Rank 5
Rank 5

I am of the old generation, and I find that cash is the easiest, and most user friendly, means of exchange, both for the payer and the receiver. However, I recognize that I may be part of, 20% of the population that thinks like this?

Having said that, quite sure that the cashless society is alive and well, and therefore, electronic wallets are just a matter of time for routine applications.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:45 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Agreed. Cash especially in countries you cant easily communicate in.
Ive had several bad experiences with credit and debit not working in Europe and Asia and if i had not had enough cash id have been sleeping on the curb. Smart phone battery dies.. digital wallet gone..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:39 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

If they found a way to manage cashless payments in Somaliland, it is a bit of a shame that we cannot do it flawlessly anywhere else....

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170912-the-surprising-place-where-cash-is-going-extinct
Quote:
Somaliland, a self-declared republic in East Africa, faces high illiteracy and has an economy ravaged by a civil war. But it might just become the first cashless society on Earth.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:57 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hello All,

Many thanks for participating in the survey. And I truly appreciate your help and support.

I also thank you for your messages. Digital wallet has become an interesting topic of discussion for the general public and travellers alike. Hence the survey

I will be thankful if you can participate in this survey and provide your responses for survey.

Many thanks again for your help and support.

Kind Regards,
Vik

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:32 am 
Rank 6
Rank 6

When you say digital wallet, are you referring to using credit cards or are you referring to Bitcoin, held in a digital wallet? Credit cards are very convenient internationally when they work, and then cash is the only option. Bit Bitcoin would be a totally different currency and in theory would be the best of both worlds. No transaction fees, no exchange rate, cannot be stolen, cannot be tracked. It also doesn't need to be held in the safe hidden in the back of the plane, with your other set of passports and other nondescript things. I never really feel comfortable carrying $50 k in the back of a plane.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 am 
Rank 11
Rank 11

I almost never use cash any more. When I do, I find I have no idea where it went. With Debit/ credit, it's so easy to see where it went and even do year end calculations like; how much money did I spend on gas last year? Or how much did I waste on eating at restaurants?

What's a digital wallet? The thing you need to buy bit-coin?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hello All,

Many thanks for your messages.

I thank you for participating in the survey. Your help is truly appreciated.

Digital wallet mobile app are used by some travellers these days.

It is mobile app used to store boarding pass, loyalty programme cards, coupons, tickets etc.

Many thanks again for your help.

Kind Regards,

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:02 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hello All,

Many thanks for your messages. I thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions.

I reckon the digital landscape and the services it offers is changing massively.

With the Internet of Things (IoT) I reckon there will be more services added and bundled.

Many thanks again.

Kind Regards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:25 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hello All,

Many thanks for your messages. I thank you for sharing your thoughts and participating in the survey.

There were some navigational issues for completing the survey.

Everything is sorted now. And the survey is up and running.

Please excuse me for inconvenience.

Many thanks again for your help and support.

Kind Regards