flyblocktime

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

HiLo
Rank 4
Rank 4

flyblocktime

Post by HiLo »

Has anyone used flyblocktime.com?

I'm thinking of renting from them but wanted to hear some feedback before putting down 1900 bucks to buy the minimum 25 hours.

PMs welcome.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: flyblocktime

Post by photofly »

They used to have a third aircraft - a C150 (C-GJAO) - which crashed in Algonquin Park in November 2014 killing both aboard. You can read the report here:
http://www.bst-tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-r ... 4o0217.pdf

You might want to check how the lawsuits are going, before you part with cash.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Lotro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lotro »

I had a great experience with them. Logged 50+ hours easily and cost effectively.

I even flew GJAO before it crashed.

I liked their operation, maintenance and access to the fleet.

As for photofly's comments, I'm sure the lawyers will make money. I've seen TC mention this accident in their refresher training two years running and each time they indicate they they are uncomfortable with the arrangement, but that no laws were broken.

Turns out PIC has some responsibilities.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I don't see why TC have any reason to be uncomfortable. My point was that flyblocktime could be in for some hefty legal and compensation bills before, during and after any civil suits - nothing whatsoever to do with TC. It would be a shame if they folded with your cash.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Rented from them a few years back. Had no complaints. Not sure how things are these days though.

Return to “General Comments”