Lets talk about SOP's

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Lets talk about SOP's

Post by confusedalot »

So here I am once again at 9pm local time for god knows why........

Here goes...........flak jacket on.

Out of the hundreds, come to think about it, maybe 500-800 or more, people I have shared that little space with, I had not come across a former fighter pilot that was unprofessional, unable, and personable (meaning I have not encountered dickheads)

My one and only corporate experience was generally good, but they do in fact appear to march to a different beat, and that beat would be dependent on the inner flight operations personality culture, undercurrents and all.

Never had a problem with a former fighter in an airline environment, sadly, have had one problem with a former corporate type int the airline environment, and I bent over backwards doing line indoc with that person, since I was the last resort go to person which I did not really want to be. Management eventually let him go.

The corporate club is just that, a club; you are either accepted or you are not, regardless of work performed or demonstrated ability. The extra work of creating and filing flight plans, making the coffee, getting the catering, doing your own hotel reservations, loading a few pieces of bags, and so on, are really not that hard to do. You are more than compensated with really nice accommodations and much less stick time that the typical airline operator benefits from.

Fire away.
---------- ADS -----------

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

Return to “General Comments”