Hybrid Electric Jet is ready to take-off

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ccd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hybrid Electric Jet is ready to take-off

Post by ccd »

This Hybrid Electric Jet is Preparing for Takeoff in 2022

Zunum Aero plans to make regional flight service cheaper, faster, and greener with its 12-seater hybrid jet

---------- ADS -----------

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Hybrid Electric Jet is ready to take-off

Post by youhavecontrol »

I'm all for technology advancements and I hope they do get a workable aircraft up and going. ..but I'm getting tired of seeing merely 3d renderings every time someone boasts a new aircraft concept. I am waiting for actual pictures of the fuselage or engines.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Yeah, what he said. It's literally NOT ready to take off. It doesn't even exist. Stop lying.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
cgzro
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cgzro »

Technically its a variable pitch ducted fan not a jet. Specs say ceiling is 25,000 feet. Has a gas turbine generator. 8 cents per pax mile.

I wonder how much it takes to heat/de-ice and pressurize at 25,000 feet? Can't be trivial amount of energy.

pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by pdw »

As an "hybrid electric" fan aircraft it already is plug in; ie: those type of AC were always pluggable into an APU.

Plug-in electrics are enabling fossil fuel reliant vehicles to be super efficient on energy cost for shorter trips (esp during the cold starts of operation), and with aircraft that includes taxiing/ warmup.

In automotive, the non plug-in hybrid (early hybrid) was sometimes unable to come up with much better energyconsumption-rate than the non hybrid, .. which also depended a lot on driving style/purpose.

It's probably about time someone shows off this new innovative electric (unpluggable) technology for aviation purposes ... S A F E L Y .

Return to “General Comments”