Phase I Grob Flying Instructor - Southport, MB

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Flightcraft.ca
Rank 4
Rank 4

Phase I Grob Flying Instructor - Southport, MB

#1 Post by Flightcraft.ca » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:39 pm

KF Aerospace proudly supports the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) by providing state-of-the-art Pilot training in Southport, MB. This training program is supported by state of the art software, stationary and full motion simulators, four fleets of aircraft, a dedicated aerodrome, and support facilities. Our aircraft include the G120A Grob for Phase I and II training, the King Air C-90B for Phase III Multi-Engine training and the Bell 206 Jet Ranger and the Bell 412 for Phase IV training.

The Grob fleet has a cadre of 25 Flight Instructors, with an average of eight years’ service.

Due to promotions and retirements, we are seeking two career minded instructors to join our instructor team.

Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide instruction to Phase I and Navigator students on the Grob 120A, including:
student briefings, air lessons, de-briefings and associated administrative tasks
• Provide academic ground instruction in subjects
• Invigilate and review exams in the assigned subjects, including marking, corrections, and the recording of student marks
• Secondary assigned tasks as required
• Maintain effective communication with staff, students, and military colleagues

Must be able to Obtain:
• Public Works and Government Services Enhanced Reliability Clearance
• Successful DND and/or KF Aero QA ride upon completion of training
• Ability to obtain Aerobatic rating (training provided)

Essential Qualifications:
• A valid Transport Canada fixed wing Flight Instructor rating (Class 3 or higher)
• Minimum 500 hours instructing experience

Preferred Qualifications:
• Bilingual – English/French
• A valid Class II Flight Instructor rating or higher and/or

sufficient Flight Instructor experience to obtain a Class II
• 1000 hours instructional experience
• A valid (or have held) Class II Aerobatic Instructor rating or higher

Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to adapt to military-style flight instruction and communication protocol
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and professionalism
• Familiar and comfortable with MS Office suite
• Motivated and an effective team contributor
• Strong problem solving capability and self-directed
• Interest in further developing instructional skills

Lifestyle and Compensation:
A DND training syllabus is used to instruct military students, with a two student per instructor ratio. Proficiency flying time in the aircraft is provided and Flight Instructor rating renewals and upgrades are company compensated. Possibilities of promotion into various other roles within the company could include PH II Grob instructor, PH III Multi instructor, Flight Safety Investigators, Standards or Supervisory roles.

We offer a standard benefits package consisting of health, dental, vision, travel medical, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, an employee and family assistance program and paid personal time off. Staff are eligible to join the Company pension plan after the first year of service.

Instructors work 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday and are salary based, which includes paid overtime, statutory holidays as well as annual pay progression scale and bonuses.
• New hires wage: $45,000
• Upon successful military flight test qualification: $59,018.97
• Top PH I Instructor rate: $73,589.08

We recognize our employee’s years of service with a milestone service recognition program, employee appreciation events and provide opportunities for professional development.

To view the job posting and apply, please visit www.kfaero.ca/careers
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”