First job options, outside ON or in ON

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dogga
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: First job options, outside ON or in ON

#26 Post by dogga » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:13 am

ant_321 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:04 am
dogga wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:53 pm
Good stuff but makes sense that university would come on top. Hopefully that wont be a strict requirement down the road. I always keep hearing that its useless pass first job really once experience is pocketed, any company puts that on top. Also from personal experience surrounded by people who finished college first, then held a job for some years reaching ceiling salary, only would go university if encouraged by current employer, or certain that next one will hire them with it. Seems those who get it before, do not always find it helping. But that is not in aviation, so hard to tell here.
But I wonder what do online Universities look like, those are very possible to finish, but would they add weight?
Any experience?
I would say it's quite the opposite with regards to the university degree. No 704/704 ma and pa shop is going to give a crap if you have a degree. The only place in Canada it makes a huge difference is Air Canada.
I know about that, I do like to look deep down the path, thinking if I ever will like to move up that ladder, would suck to go to University at 40 right. But then again I got no wish to jump now after finishing college, enough studies for me for now.
AuxBatOn wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 am
How about this?

Do the MIFR, apply for a 703 job and instead of sinking 7-10k on an instructor rating, use that to build up Night PIC.
That sounds like what Id really want to do most. The question is who gets PIC faster? An instructor faster PIC but no Night and IFR? Same applies to any other single piston job without Instructor rating? VS MIFR 703 op gets PIC slower ( i undestand the left and right switch on each leg that true? ) but gets Night and IFR?
Please confirm then we can weigh that.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”