T.c. phone numbers

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dstechnical
Rank 2
Rank 2

T.c. phone numbers

Post by dstechnical »

I have been trying to get through to Sudbury office for a week. Keep getting message and no call back. Anyone have any direct numbers that a real person will answer.
---------- ADS -----------

BE20 Driver
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: T.c. phone numbers

Post by BE20 Driver »

Just had to chime in on this one also. I tried reaching YWG for something a month or two ago. Spent several days trying every extension possible. Apparently no one at Transport picks up the phone. They all just let it go to voicemail. Every. Last. One. Of. Them. Apparently answering the phone isn't a part of their job duties. I left a voice mail for someone and they did get back to me at the speed of government - a few days later.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

The trick is to call and say you need to make a payment. Works every time they call back right away.

HiFlyChick
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HiFlyChick »

Varies greatly by region and possibly by the luck of the draw as to who's on. I had an urgent question come up after noon on the day before a holiday week-end, but fortunately, since I live on the east coast all the other TC offices are earlier. After calling all the local numbers I could think of, I started calling across the country (and have done this a few times). Pacific always went to message and the message promised only that they'd get back to me in a few business days. I actually had luck with a live person in Winnipeg on one call, and I think it was Quebec that answered another time. The inspectors that are assigned to my company are really good and generally either answer, or call back immediately, but I'm not sure about the general number. TC employees are listed in the government employee directory but I guess the trick is figuring out who works where....

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

It's pretty sad to hear actually, especially since I worked there for 5 years, about 10 years ago. Suspect the system is so bare bones that those who should call back lack the basic training to answer relevant questions. Lots of demoralized employees in the system, with a touch of toxic environment, leads to a dysfunctional system.

I am not surprised, sadly.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
Schooner69A
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Schooner69A »

It was not always thus. I worked in TC from '84 to '90 in the Atlantic Region.

I am ashamed of what's happened to the department in last few years. It's not the fault of the individual Inspectors; it's probably going to take some traumatic events to produce any change in number of personnel.

geneticistx
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by geneticistx »

I had an issue this past December. I called the BC office and left a detailed message. Someone got back to me within an hour. The issue was resolved within 1 day - I was incredibly happy (and surprised). It was a painless and productive interaction that resolved a very minor licensing/administrative issue. I suggest you leave a detailed message and someone will get back to you.

Return to “General Comments”