F*** You. Pay me.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: F*** You. Pay me.

Post by complexintentions »

There sure are a lot of tough guys on the internet. :mrgreen:
---------- ADS -----------

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: F*** You. Pay me.

Post by Meatservo »

mantogasrsrwy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:50 am
Chaxterium wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:53 pm
sanjet wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:21 pm I can attest that I was renumerated quite well.
Ok this is going to mess you up. The word you're looking for is "remunerated", not "renumerated". I only recently discovered this. I've been saying it incorrectly for years!

Otherwise I agree with your post completely. I've been in the industry for years and I've always felt I was fairly compensated. I work hard and try to keep my bitching to a minimum.
I always thought it was renumerated too. I bet there are a few of us. My vocabulary is improved. :smt040
The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Imagine my surprise to find out I had been mispronouncing it all along. I still secretly think "renumerated" sounds better.

I also used to think it was "sea anenomes" rather than the correct "sea anemones". It takes a while to learn all these words, doesn't it?

On topic, I take hybrid approach. I try to be respectful, professional, and heck, even obedient, at least most of the time, but inside my brain, I am always thinking "**** you, pay me". The same way that my employer, at least most of the time, tries to be civil and fair, and pay lip service to my personal feelings, but in their collective minds they are thinking "**** you, get to work". It's been ever thus. Got to keep on grinding.
---------- ADS -----------

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself

Return to “General Comments”