Since this "Pilot Shortage" started, has pay gone up at any regional or major airline?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Since this "Pilot Shortage" started, has pay gone up at any regional or major airline?

Post by tps8903 »

contactapproved wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:47 pm
trey kule wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:52 pm
A lot more people will stay at 703/704 if pay and schedule is good, especially people living outside of major cities, pilots with some "different" priorities (eg home every night on a small plane vs hotels on a big jet), etc.

On what basis do you make such a claim?
A few work friends and I are a prime example of this...Young families for a lot of us, working for a good smaller 703 outfit. Bosses recognize the shortage and have set a trend of big wage boosts every 6-8 months with incentives thrown in to boot. I believe my salary has roughly gone up 40-50% already from what is was a year and a half ago, and it wasn't too shabby back then either. Ive worked an average of maybe 10 days each month...some short, some longer and the T4 will easily smash 6 figures this year. Our management has basically made it incredibly hard (in a good way) to leave the lifestyles they've set up for us. Other than maybe a couple captains that won't lose the airline bug no matter how much money and good scheduling you throw at them, the bosses have done a damn good job of keeping us all around for a while and I applaud them for that. I have no intention of leaving the company as it sets me up with a lifestyle that really would be hard to match anywhere else in the country. So there is some basis to that claim, although it seems rare in Canada at the moment.
Could you tell us where you work?

It sounds like your company is one of the few that deserves a pat on the back.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”