Orca Suspended

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Billy the Goat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Orca Suspended

#26 Post by Billy the Goat » Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 am

What a bunch of shysters.
---------- ADS -----------

Apetit
Rank 0
Rank 0

#27 Post by Apetit » Tue May 01, 2018 12:22 pm

Somebody finally had the balls to say it, it is all true. Looks like Integra is taking measures to try to keep the truth from being heard. They have closed one of their facebook pages. And I guarantee this thread will be deleted soon, just like the others. Hopefully somebody from Transport catches wind and launches a inquiry. Is there room in aviation anymore for companies like these?

freshavocados77
Rank 0
Rank 0

#28 Post by freshavocados77 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:18 pm

This is What was posted on their social media:
I cleaned it up so the admins dont find fault with the exposed truth

This needs to be heard : Alberta/BC Based Integra Air and Orca Airways
I’m writing this as a voice for the the miserable pilots of Orca airways and Integra Air.
I need to let people know the truth of what is going on behind the doors of these companies.
I’ve flown for both until now and I swear everything I tell you is the truth.
Orca was losing the Operators certificate and Integra swooped in and purchased us. Before Integra’s OC and changes could take affect on March 14 Orca lost its OC and got grounded for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks 2 Navajos we’re cleared for operation under the Integra AOC. The pilots also had meetings from Integra promising them more money, rest, much safer flights (200000$ invested per Navajo to repair them) no pressure from management, and cross training on turbines and upgrades. The next meeting was different, none of the above were addressed, the planes were left alone and we found out that the Integra CEO had split with his wife and the airline fully lost its cash flow. We also found out staff were laid off, airports such as Pentincton were no longer being paid for fuel and services, they owe 40000$ to the incredible people at Spencer Aviation who continue to fuel us at a deficit because they are worried the pilots will be pressured to fly with low fuel and risk their lives. Our crew found themselves not able to get suitable accommodations because the hotels weren’t able to bill the companies daily. Next the staff of the airlines began to not get paid on time with excuses and excuses, they ran us for 4 weeks with no pay (we are still not paid off yet), per diem, expense, or vacation pay. Also they did not follow correct regulation for severance pay when orca dropped us for Integra. They wrote employees a partial payment cheque to make ends meet and every single cheque bounces after 1 day putting everybody into the negative. Where they stand now is a small group of pilots who aren’t motivated as their pay is being affected, who have to go to work not knowing if they have accommodations or fuel then get embarrassed by begging the company for credit card after credit card. One pilot slept in a park like a homeless person due to a lack of accommodations. The pilots who tried helping the airline long term and cross training were met with ridiculous bonds and they ended up not taking the job or moving on. Multiple airplanes were repossessed recently due to outstanding balances. The Top people at integras reputations do not disappoint they are rude self righteous dicks who only make the company worse. 1 pilot that quit after a threatening phone call with the VP, and 2 others that almost quit for being sworn at and insulted for bringing up valid legal points such as the airplanes documents and legalities of flight. These are not people anyone should work for and I strongly suggest people avoid this operation like the plague, it’s going to make you hate Aviation, it kills your passion. Now the company is so desperate they have sold both to an investor to create “west Coast Aviation group Ltd” or something dumb along those lines, just a turd with a different name. You heard it here first folks stay away it’s toxic.
**Update: It is confirmed that the owner of Integra is pocketing every single cent of profit that the companies are receiving, yet he has the Audacity to send staff this email. In addition Orca Staff have gone on strike, and Integra Staff are soon to follow.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 5
Rank 5

#29 Post by PostmasterGeneral » Tue May 01, 2018 5:36 pm

Anyone have a copy of the review?

YVRLTN
Rank 1
Rank 1

#30 Post by YVRLTN » Tue May 01, 2018 6:10 pm

Apetit wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:22 pm
Somebody finally had the balls to say it, it is all true. Looks like Integra is taking measures to try to keep the truth from being heard. They have closed one of their facebook pages. And I guarantee this thread will be deleted soon, just like the others. Hopefully somebody from Transport catches wind and launches a inquiry. Is there room in aviation anymore for companies like these?
The review has just been removed in the past hour or so from facebook... seems they are still flying the King Air from YVR.

gooseinbc
Rank 0
Rank 0

#31 Post by gooseinbc » Tue May 01, 2018 7:21 pm

Screencaps of the review (sorry for the reverse order)

Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 12.24.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 12.24.54 PM.png (168.97 KiB) Viewed 5053 times
Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 12.24.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 12.24.37 PM.png (170.05 KiB) Viewed 5053 times

freshavocados77
Rank 0
Rank 0

#32 Post by freshavocados77 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:32 pm

gooseinbc wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:21 pm
Screencaps of the review (sorry for the reverse order)
Just checked, they did manage to take it down from facebook, they are trying to silence the issue.

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#33 Post by cncpc » Thu May 03, 2018 10:31 am

Who is the CEO of Integra? Is it the same guy who was there in 2015?

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

#34 Post by rigpiggy » Sat May 05, 2018 1:02 pm

I just heard integra is shutting down monday

Billy the Goat
Rank 1
Rank 1

#35 Post by Billy the Goat » Sat May 05, 2018 1:45 pm

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer person... We all know what they say about karma.

I’m sorry for all the employees who hung on. Fortunately there’s never been a better time to find other employment.

Zaibatsu
Rank 5
Rank 5

#36 Post by Zaibatsu » Sat May 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Know a guy who knows a guy who has 250TT and was promised a seat under the Orca/Integra banner. Now has to start from scratch again.

Just remember that kids when you are accepting a non-flying job with a carrot attached. Now that other kid you looked down on who got a 1000 hours of 182 or 206 time up north is going into turbine job that you’re another two years away from.

Duncan Idaho
Rank 3
Rank 3

#37 Post by Duncan Idaho » Sun May 06, 2018 7:26 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:18 pm
Know a guy who knows a guy who has 250TT and was promised a seat under the Orca/Integra banner. Now has to start from scratch again.
Yeah well, when Orca lost their ability to operate, it didn't benefit the employees. That's true. An attempt was made to salvage the business and take on their staff, I ain't heard if it is going to work out or not yet. But seriously this is the easiest job market in the history of aviation in Canada for pilots to get a job, just walk over to the next hangar dude, you'll be better taken care of than the management team that used to be in place at Orca.
Just remember that kids when you are accepting a non-flying job with a carrot attached. Now that other kid you looked down on who got a 1000 hours of 182 or 206 time up north is going into turbine job that you’re another two years away from.
Commercial pilots with 200 hours in 172s and cherokees do not qualify for 182 or 206 jobs up north without prior experience. Those are probably the most dangerous jobs in aviation. They could get a turbine FO job though with a few months on the ramp. Those jobs are easy. I get that you're pushing an agenda but, lol you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Zaibatsu
Rank 5
Rank 5

#38 Post by Zaibatsu » Sun May 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Duncan Idaho wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:26 pm
Commercial pilots with 200 hours in 172s and cherokees do not qualify for 182 or 206 jobs up north without prior experience. Those are probably the most dangerous jobs in aviation. They could get a turbine FO job though with a few months on the ramp. Those jobs are easy. I get that you're pushing an agenda but, lol you really have no idea what you're talking about.
LOL.

Nobody told me that. Or the guy who hired me. Maybe I had 300 hours. Maybe 350. But this was back in the awful 2000s where you needed space shuttle time to fly right seat in a Navajo. The 206 is a big 172. Actually, the 172 was harder to fly because it didn’t have power to get you out of trouble. You probably wouldn’t believe what I could make that plane do.

They are the most dangerous jobs, but they’re dead simple. Load enough gas, don’t overload the plane too much, don’t fly IFR, make sure the strip isn’t soft, aim it at the trees. Two weeks to become proficient, two months to become efficient, scare yourself a couple times like everyone does, and beat the odds like hundreds of pilots who did the same thing with no accidents, incidents, or regrets. It’s usually the retards—both the new and very experienced kind—who wind up as statistics.

Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

Duncan Idaho
Rank 3
Rank 3

#39 Post by Duncan Idaho » Sun May 06, 2018 11:49 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:28 pm
The 206 is a big 172. Actually, the 172 was harder to fly because it didn’t have power to get you out of trouble. You probably wouldn’t believe what I could make that plane do.

They are the most dangerous jobs, but they’re dead simple. Load enough gas, don’t overload the plane too much, don’t fly IFR, make sure the strip isn’t soft, aim it at the trees. Two weeks to become proficient, two months to become efficient, scare yourself a couple times like everyone does, and beat the odds
Dude they crash all the time, for those reasons.

YVRLTN
Rank 1
Rank 1

#40 Post by YVRLTN » Tue May 15, 2018 7:31 pm

An Integra B200 was back at YYJ on prisoner flights today.

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

#41 Post by yycinformer » Tue May 15, 2018 7:52 pm

YVRLTN wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:31 pm
An Integra B200 was back at YYJ on prisoner flights today.
And those that remain there and those that left or were laid off didn't get paid today...again

dlongo
Rank 0
Rank 0

#42 Post by dlongo » Mon May 21, 2018 2:44 am

@#$! aviation! @#$! TC! Who the @#$! are they to tell pros how to fly!? Most of them are failed pilots. @#$! you fellow pilots too. Stupid industry. All of you are dreamers, and trolls, you guys fight for bragging rights like ur life depends on it. Pilot world is one of the worst communities I ever encountered. Trash talk is like a requirment. Have fun bitches being glorified bus drivers. Women don't care for pilots anymore so have fun sucking cock or fucking nasty flight attendances. This is all Dirt all of this. Makes me sick I even become a pilot or cared to be part of the pilot community. I hated my life as a pilot. Rather work in the normal world and live a normal life. Pilots are losers because they can't ever stfu at the bar about flying. Find a hobby like getting a fucking life. We fly together and call each other brothers but first change we get to get ahead we back stab each other. Pilots are walking lanterns of envy and jelousy. God forbid some pilot succeeded or got ahead of you. Retarded! Fake! Toxic! Sick!

That's my truth at least I can admit how much of a bunch of losers we are. Nothing will ever change so ye @#$! this.

Id have more fun working at home depot with normal sincere people.

Hockaloogie
Rank 3
Rank 3

#43 Post by Hockaloogie » Mon May 21, 2018 3:34 am

Interesting perspective.

Oldguystrtn2fly
Rank 2
Rank 2

#44 Post by Oldguystrtn2fly » Mon May 21, 2018 6:22 am

Someone has lost that loving feeling....

leftoftrack
Rank 7
Rank 7

#45 Post by leftoftrack » Thu May 31, 2018 8:52 pm

Im gonna hit the brakes, He'll fly right by.

schnitzel2k3
Rank 7
Rank 7

#46 Post by schnitzel2k3 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:54 pm

dlongo wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:44 am
@#$! aviation! @#$! TC! Who the @#$! are they to tell pros how to fly!? Most of them are failed pilots. @#$! you fellow pilots too. Stupid industry. All of you are dreamers, and trolls, you guys fight for bragging rights like ur life depends on it. Pilot world is one of the worst communities I ever encountered. Trash talk is like a requirment. Have fun bitches being glorified bus drivers. Women don't care for pilots anymore so have fun sucking cock or fucking nasty flight attendances. This is all Dirt all of this. Makes me sick I even become a pilot or cared to be part of the pilot community. I hated my life as a pilot. Rather work in the normal world and live a normal life. Pilots are losers because they can't ever stfu at the bar about flying. Find a hobby like getting a fucking life. We fly together and call each other brothers but first change we get to get ahead we back stab each other. Pilots are walking lanterns of envy and jelousy. God forbid some pilot succeeded or got ahead of you. Retarded! Fake! Toxic! Sick!

That's my truth at least I can admit how much of a bunch of losers we are. Nothing will ever change so ye @#$! this.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel....

If I can be so honoured as to be the first to tell you, you miiiiiight want to seek some anger management counseling as I am sensing a lot of unresolved aviation induced, sexually repressed issues. Please do this before renting a work or cube van.

Oh I think I know what's going on, you wouldn't happen to be in accounts payable or payroll at Integra would you, coz if that's the case, totally get the rage thing. FYI there are some hardworking pilots that would really like to buy their KD, perhaps ketchup and hotdogs too.

Thaaaannnks.

:smt107 :smt112 :smt064

.Heisenberg.
Rank 0
Rank 0

#47 Post by .Heisenberg. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:32 am

Duncan Idaho wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:26 pm

Commercial pilots with 200 hours in 172s and cherokees do not qualify for 182 or 206 jobs up north without prior experience. Those are probably the most dangerous jobs in aviation.

Heli-ski pilots would like to have a word with you.

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

#48 Post by Alcoholism » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:08 pm

dlongo wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:44 am

I like this guy, calls it the way it is :partyman:

C.W.E.
Rank 7
Rank 7

#49 Post by C.W.E. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:33 pm

:smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040

YVRLTN
Rank 1
Rank 1

#50 Post by YVRLTN » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:45 pm

So what happens now? I assume YVR wont want a pile of mothballed hos on the south terminal ramp indefinitely?

Return to “General Comments”