Company Transfer

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Right Rudder
Rank 1
Rank 1

Company Transfer

Post by Right Rudder »

If your company transfers you who should have to pay the moving cost?

Does anyone work for small to mid size operatos who pay for moving expenses.
---------- ADS -----------

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

The employee. I don't think they're "transfering you," you're being fired, and hired at the new location.

If it's relocation, the employer should cover some cost. But again circumstances should be considered. Why are you being relocated? Is the old base being closed, are they doing you a favour by not laying you off and hiring someone else.

Many variables.. But many times its the employee who'll pay for the transition. It's more of a "oh, you don't want to move, live and work there? okay.. bye..."

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Sulako »

I was transferred to my present base about three months ago. It wasn't exactly my choice, so they paid for my last months rent at my old place, paid for my moving costs, and paid to put me up in a hotel for the first month at my new base. I thought that was pretty fair.

I work for a small to mid-sized operator (12 planes, 5 permanent bases)

Since then, an opening has come up at a base I would rather be in (a lot closer to the lovely Lisa and associated snuggling) , so I begged for it. They let me transfer there (going in 3 weeks), but I'm paying the moving costs on that one, cause they have to pay to move someone to my present base to fill my vacancy. I'm okay with that.

Return to “General Comments”