how about 10-15 20 year av canada member star or bars

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

how about 10-15 20 year av canada member star or bars

Post by oldncold »

seen many long time posters here , been with the 'ole av can ' for many a decade.10-15+ years some been here since 1999 under a different moniker, how about a star or bar of length of service . now many with not much to do and always complain will poop all over the idea, but it would be fitting to acknowledge. those longtime av can aficionados.
---------- ADS -----------

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: how about 10-15 20 year av canada member star or bars

Post by Boreas »

Not a bad idea. I might even have to dig up one of my old accounts and start shit-posting / trolling again.

...or not.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

A metric that factors in post count (ie. contribution) and join date (ie. longevity) would be better, IMHO. Even better if you can factor in how valuable their contribution has been.

Simply giving seniority due to age ("yay, you made it another year! you're still an ass, but hey, more seniority, right?") is an outdated way of thinking.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

AirFrame wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:44 am Simply giving seniority due to age ("yay, you made it another year! you're still an ass, but hey, more seniority, right?") is an outdated way of thinking.
Isn't that how it works at the airlines?

upnatem
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by upnatem »

CpnCrunch wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:20 am
AirFrame wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:44 am Simply giving seniority due to age ("yay, you made it another year! you're still an ass, but hey, more seniority, right?") is an outdated way of thinking.
Isn't that how it works at the airlines?

matthew.oommen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by matthew.oommen »

oldncold wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:12 pm seen many long time posters here , been with the 'ole av can ' for many a decade.10-15+ years some been here since 1999 under a different moniker, how about a star or bar of length of service . now many with not much to do and always complain will poop all over the idea, but it would be fitting to acknowledge. those longtime av can aficionados.
Yes, but can we do profit share as well? Those GGN ads are never ending!

The De-Icer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by The De-Icer »

oldncold wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:12 pm now many with not much to do and always complain will poop all over the idea.
I think these are the guys who would be receiving your oh so cool gold stars. Maybe Brazzers will give us all medals of honour too for spending countless hours two hand jerkin it to their free videos.

Give your head a shake

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

There's another forum I am on where I received a 10 year star. Every time I look at it, all I think is, Geez.. I'm getting old. That's about it.

Personally, I don't care for the year badges... mostly because it increases the risk of bad advice being followed because of the 'years of experience' badge. It can give people a reason to punch above their weight class.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."

Return to “General Comments”