Buttonville Tower set to close in July!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

gustind
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Buttonville Tower set to close in July!

Post by gustind »

Quite possible, yes. Although I can't imagine too many scenarios where you'd be vectored that far out and be at 3000ft. If that were the case, it'd probably be too IFR of a day for GA traffic. My $.02
---------- ADS -----------

Daniel Gustin
yeah yeah
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yeah yeah »

PlanePaully: most likely there won’t be a RA. YYZ 24L/R traffic doesn’t begin descent below 3000 til about 7-8 miles final, well past KZ. The 1000 ft vertical separation needed is for wake turbulence. It is assumed that KZ circuit traffic is of the light weight category while YYZ 24L/R ILS traffic would be medium-heavy.

PlanePaully
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PlanePaully »

yeah yeah wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:11 am PlanePaully: most likely there won’t be a RA. YYZ 24L/R traffic doesn’t begin descent below 3000 til about 7-8 miles final, well past KZ. The 1000 ft vertical separation needed is for wake turbulence. It is assumed that KZ circuit traffic is of the light weight category while YYZ 24L/R ILS traffic would be medium-heavy.
Thanks for the explanation. I have been told by a number of people that Pearson 23/24 landing traffic regularly crosses over CYKZ at 3000. Nice to know that there is generally a bigger buffer than that between us and them.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Students train at non tower equipped airports all the time. It will just require instructors to modify the training to suit the new reality.

If the student can't master control tower procedures, they don't go solo. If the student can't master uncontrolled airport procedures, they don't go solo. It's just an adaptation, nothing else.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Toronto is extremely expensive to land your Citation or Learjet
Sob.

:-)

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Return to “General Comments”