Does the TC dispatch license expire? And experience abroad.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

VHHH
Rank 0
Rank 0

Does the TC dispatch license expire? And experience abroad.

Post by VHHH »

I'm currently dispatching for an airline in HKG, and have considered the prospects of returning home to Canada.
I know Canada has their own licensing requirements like the FAA. But I am not sure if the license expires.
Also another question is does experience abroad count in Canada? As I am considering moving home and hopefully applying for one of the larger airlines.

My background:
Currently in the OCC of an HKG airline dispatching big jets.
Have FAA dispatchers license and a TC PPL
---------- ADS -----------

A346Dude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Does the TC dispatch license expire? And experience abroad.

Post by A346Dude »

There is no Dispatcher license per se in Canada. The requirements to act as a Dispatcher are to pass the written exams (FD-OPS and FD-MET) and complete an on-the-job training program when you are hired at an airline. Your Dispatch Certificate expires when you leave that airline, and you need to complete another training program (with a reduced number of required days of training) when you go to a new airline.

455tt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 455tt »

As long as you continue to be employed by the same operator that provided your FD specific training, and as long as you continue to succeed on your annual FD competency check, then your FD certificate will remain valid.

455tt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 455tt »

A346Dude wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:33 am Also another question is does experience abroad count in Canada?
Sorry for not answering this - your FD experience abroad won't count: you still have to sit and pass the TCCA FD Generic Examinations (FDMET and FDOPS) and you must also complete the air operator FD specific training program and succeed on the FD competency check.

But as a practical matter, your existing experience will certainly make things easier.

Good luck!

TT

Return to “General Comments”