.'s incident with TC

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: .'s incident with TC

Post by Rockie »

confusedalot wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:19 pm [quote=digits_ post_id=<a href="tel:1041460">1041460</a> time=<a href="tel:1527779455">1527779455</a> user_id=34065]
[quote=Rockie post_id=<a href="tel:1041444">1041444</a> time=<a href="tel:1527772082">1527772082</a> user_id=5632]
The side to this story that has never been presented here and never will be is Transport Canada's. It's certain they have one.
While I don't dispute some posters have a flair for the dramatic, I have no problem believing .'s side of the story on this one. I've been closely involved in dealing with a similar personality type TC inspector. A lot of them are indeed professional and can even admit when they are wrong, some are not. If using a law/rule to your advantage triggers a personal vendetta response from an inspector because that inspector's personal believes are that something is illegal/"unsafe", that person is not fit to serve in an inspector/enforcement role.

The correct response should be to back up those believes with rules and regulations. If he can't find it, it's not up to the inspector to create rules or impose extra restrictions. That is not his job. He has to enforce the existing ones. Those personalities seem to have a problem making that distinction.
[/quote]

Bingo. It's the rules that talk, not the inspector. The inspectors who actually know their job are the ones you never hear about, because they are simply brokers in a system. Again, sad indeed, a very small minority in there need to use pretzel logic for the sole motive of personal justification. At the very least, federal court, far from being perfect, is at least a stopgap to abusive behavior. For those of you out there that think transport is 100% populated by fine upstanding people, god bless you. Had the unfortunate experience to witness otherwise.
[/quote]

There’s another side to that coin confused. The one that insults all TC inspectors because of the actions or perceived deficiency of the minority. The magnanimous nod to good inspectors given by one poster in this thread is the first in memory from him against years of blanket insults and denigration. I expect the usual menu of indiscriminate abuse to continue but I’ll be happy to be wrong.
---------- ADS -----------

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: .'s incident with TC

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:11 pm .,

I don’t feel this way very often, but right now I just want to give you a big hug.
Me too. Please consider writing that book. Apply that energy to paper.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”