Answer to SkySailor.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Answer to SkySailor.

Post by C.W.E. »

Let it be known, that although I don't quite understand the decision you made to publicly identify yourself (in this world of nutcases), I understand that EVERY posting you put online, needs to be carefully considered before hitting the "Submit" button. You do not have the luxury of hiding behind an avitar, and posting condescending, arrogant, inflaming, rude, and generally worthless posts. I respect the posting of your aviation experiences, and pretty much ignore the nameless egos, that only demonstrate insecurities. One of these days, I would like to make it to the island, and meet up with you.
When I first started posting on these forums I did so because I enjoy personal interactions with people and I saw no reason why I should not introduce myself to those I was about to talk to.

In all the many years I have been posting both here and on Pprune I have never regretted using my real name and by doing so I have met a lot of people in person who I would never have met had I not been willing to share my true identity.

As to posting things that may be incorrect, impolite or just plain insulting that I also try and keep in check, exactly like we do when being face to face with people.

And like one on one communicating it is no different because it is impossible to not differ or sometimes offend others.

When we do we then have the choice of retracting what we said and if necessary saying we are sorry for having said something offensive.

This anonymity thing is something I never quite understood, for instance some people say they post using a made up name because they don't want their employer retaliating against them.

In my simple little mind I have to ask this question, if you are ashamed or afraid to say something to people who know you then don't say it.
Once again the people I have met in person, some of who ave visited me here at home has made my decision to use my real name well worth it.
Looking forward to adding you to the list. :mrgreen:
---------- ADS -----------

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Answer to SkySailor.

Post by '97 Tercel »

You just have to be careful in these days of the easily offended, and be wary of people waiting for any hint that they should take something personal.

SkySailor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SkySailor »

Thanks for the response, .!

When I make it out to your neck of the woods, we'll hash this, and many other topics in more detail!

In the mean time, please continue doing what this site needs..... sharing your extensive experience. :smt023

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

At the moment I am busy doing renovations on my house but come fall I am planning on writing more short stories about some of the more interesting flights I can recall.

There were quite a few that is for sure in fact one comes to mind where everything went to hell in a hurry and I ended up doing a true zero zero visibility landing in Whitehorse in a Douglas Racer. ( DC3 )

Hell I can start on it now and post it in a week or so. :mrgreen:

The story is typical of how many things can go wrong even when you are trying to do the legal safe things.

I will try and remember it as close to factual as I can remember, it is amazing how one forgets small details over the years.

I am trying to remember what year it was, it was in the early seventies as I recall so as I write it more things will pop into my mind and I will probable get the year correct.

SkySailor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SkySailor »

Probably best to jot the memories down in point form so they won"t be lost forever! Throw all these notes in a box for the time you intend to compile them in a book. Nice thing about reviewing point form sentences, is later your memories might be triggered about other events. You have previously posted some short stories on here before. Spraying in southern Ontario was an interesting read.

Do you think entry to commercial aviation was more attainable in your starting years, compared with what an individual needs to do in today's world? Do you think if you were twenty today, would you pick aviation again, or another occupation/career?

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

I hope I never write anything incorr.. D'oh!

Return to “General Comments”