China Airlines

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5

FIFO

Post by Springbok »

Double post
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Springbok on Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE: CARL BOENISH

Not to be confused with Springjob, Handjob, Blowjob or any other job......except a flyingjob!
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Under the brilliant leadership of Mbeki S.A.'s destiny is being decided as we converse here on Avcanada.

AIDS is wiping out the population at an unbelieavable rate partially because of Mbeki's refusal to understand the problem.

How well I remember an old Africa hand telling me that AIDS will wipe out most of Africas population wakling down a street in Oshakati Namibia in 1996.

Cat

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5

CAT

Post by Springbok »

Cat,

Latest Malawi AIDS stats reveal that 78% of pregnant women tested over 6 months at maternity clinic in Blantyre were HIV Pos......they are literally exterminating themselves. Even though the birth rate is higher than the AIDS death rate, the scary part is that these newborn kids already have a full dose of HIV.

Mate of mine is the Dr. there. Scary shit indeed!

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE: CARL BOENISH

Not to be confused with Springjob, Handjob, Blowjob or any other job......except a flyingjob!
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

I'm glad that you two have kissed and made up, but I am confused now about where you stand, Mr. 'bok.

"The list goes on and on. Back to the stone age we go as CatDriver so accurately stated...
This is also my long winded way of saying @#$! you Altiplano and your history lesson. Get rid of the Politically Correct chip on your shoulder and open your eyes to reality. Talking about South Africa and in your own words you said:
"'That place is ass-backwards, those coons don't know how to run a country, let alone a whole continent!'"
Those "coons" you refer to are the responsible and upright people governing the country of my birth you racist @#$!!..."

Are you actually p.o'd at the black South African rulers, or are you standing up for them? I don't have an axe to grind either way but I would hate for you to waste a good invective and I would, with respect, ask you to clarify your position. If I understand correctly, you began by telling us how, after Mandela, S.A has seriously deteriorated under black rule; Altiplano commented virtually the same thing and you are severely cheesed off - you seem to contradict yourself?

Oh, one more thing, you express yourself well when you write, and I've been enjoying your history lesson, but you lose me when you use "...the seven words you can't use on television." :oops:

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
Machiavelli
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Machiavelli »

Hey Altiplano,

Racism, eh?

You assume that it's OK to use the slur "gook" in Alberta. That's racist. Painting an entire province of people with the same brush.

Look in the mirror and give it a think. That is, if you can get your head out of your ass.

P.S. I have nothing to add regarding CAL.

2low
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by 2low »

My thoughts exactly. Well said Pac.

Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5

CAL

Post by Springbok »

Xsbank wrote: Are you actually p.o'd at the black South African rulers, or are you standing up for them? I don't have an axe to grind either way but I would hate for you to waste a good invective and I would, with respect, ask you to clarify your position. If I understand correctly, you began by telling us how, after Mandela, S.A has seriously deteriorated under black rule; Altiplano commented virtually the same thing and you are severely cheesed off - you seem to contradict yourself?

My last comments on this issue for your benefit:

Point #1
I told Altiplano to lighten up on hammering Flightlevels by calling racism when a word was used in jest.

Altiplano chose to outline the apartheid past in SA and that is where we started going off track.

Point #2
I tried to how him that I was not part of the former problem but was part of the new beginning and a possible solution. I also showed that what was done by Mandela and the majority of the whites in the country to secure that future and a peaceful transition is now being undone by the likes of Mbeki and his corrupt cronies. I also pointed out that SA is in a backslide and will over time degenerate into what other 3rd African neighbouring countries have become. In a nutshell, I am very anti the current leadership in SA.

Lastly, I was not contradicting myself. Read into the sarcasm with regard to the comments you interpreted as contradiction.

My apologies on behalf of both of us for printing "offensive" words which unfortunately are used in most cases in a racially discriminating manner. I just dont see anything wrong with some of those words (definitely not all) when they are used in jest or for comedy and light entertainment. Ligthening up and getting off the PC pedestal was my main point.

Damn, I am so happy that the Leafs gave those Frogs a hiding last night!
Now, please let me know if you find that offensive. My wife was born in Quebec and she does not mind, but then again, she gets to call me all sorts of names in jest! But if it is "a no no" by Canadian standards while living in Canada, I will take extra care in future.

Part of me becoming a responsible immigrant and eventually "earning" Canadian citizenship is to adapt, learn and work at successful integration into a proud and beautiful country and its people! I mean this from the bottom of my heart.

Subject closed.

scotothedoublet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by scotothedoublet »

Now, please let me know if you find that offensive.
The most offensive part is that you like the Maple Leafs. Not to worry, once you live here for a few days you'll clearly see how much they suck.

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

scotothedoublet wrote:
Now, please let me know if you find that offensive.
The most offensive part is that you like the Maple Leafs. Not to worry, once you live here for a few days you'll clearly see how much they suck.
So what was it? Were they giving a hiding or sucking??? Make up your minds lads...

Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5

Leafs

Post by Springbok »

My Father-in-Law is a Leafs fan so I opted for the safest option here. Also, moving back to the TO area, I suppose it makes sense to support the "Home" Team?

Also it will guarantee Dad -in-Law gives me the occassional invite to the ACC.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

-

Last edited by altiplano on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

altiplano wrote: :smt075
<tehehehehe>

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Thanks for the clarification, Springbok. I am thickening as I age.

If you say frog in anger, it is probably going to offend someone; if you say it in jest, it is just a leg pull. Part of my family is from Quebec, and the 'f-word' (I like that) has been used on occasion here...

PC in this country has done more harm than good - look how quickly the 'racist' accusation gets thrown about and how silly it all is. Its too easy to accuse someone of it and indefensible when you are the receiver. Its guaranteed all sorts of immigration atrocities here that nobody can object to without a chorus of accusers trying to drown you out. If you brought any of your guns with you, you can get a great price for them in parts of Toronto.:roll:

You will need to move to the wet coast if you are a rugby fan - its committed all year round out here, mostly by enthusiastic amateurs rather than those over-paid entertainers you are currently watching ("...look at those jokers, losing that damn hockey game...").

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5

Xsbank

Post by Springbok »

Xsbank said If you brought any of your guns with you, you can get a great price for them in parts of Toronto.:roll:

I am so happy that I do not have to have my guns with me anymore. The situation back in SA necessitated that I had to armed all the time. I carried a Colt Trooper .357 Mag revolver with me 24/7.

I had 2 very unfortunate experiences where I was placed in a situation where I was forced to use a firearm to defend my home and family against the perpetrators of violent crime. I was dreading situation #3 which would have happened given time. South Africa has very responsible gun legislation but unfortunately the criminals are always far better equipped and their arms and ammunition are smuggled in from neighbouring countries like Zimbabwe and Mozambique. These countries have loads of soviet era weaponry lying about for sale.

I bought a Tokarev 7.62 mm (short) auto pistol in Malawi for the equivalent of US$15. An AK 47 will go for up to $50 or you can trade for a 50kg bag of maize meal.

I am looking forward to living in a country like Canada where the carrying of firearms for personal safety is unecessary, never mind illegal. I do however miss my military collection which I had to turn over to the South African Police Services (SAPS) because I could not transfer them to someone else under the new legislation and obviously could not import them into Canada. I had a Soviet Draganov sniper rifle, an SKS rifle, Tokarev pistol and an AK 47. The Draganov still had its scope and I had a clip of the original tungsten tipped rounds it fired.

This collection was special due to the fact that I collected them from various deceased "insurgents" who went to happier hunting grounds during skermishes I was involved in and they all had special significance. My pride and joy was a Remington automatic 9 shot 12 bore shotgun given to me by a mate who served in the former Rhodesian Special Air Service (SAS). I managed to get this shotgun re-registered to a special forces buddy who still has it and uses it on his game ranch in SA.

I have managed to retain all my military memorabilia which will be displayed in my pub in our new Ontario home. Once I have kitted out the pub, an open invitation will be issued to all you dudes and dudesses to pay a visit and suck on a cold one with yours truly.

I have some pics of my old pub in SA. I will scan and post them here later tonight.

Machiavelli
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Machiavelli »

Alti,

So let me get this straight- it's OK to call everybody that lives in or is from Alberta (an Albertan) prejudice but not OK to be racist?

Of course it's not OK to be racist but you're doing the same thing- a gross generalization of a group of people based solely on something as intangible as geography/colour of skin/religion/etc. Shame.

There's a disconnect to your logic and it's likely due to the poo around your ears.

Once you've had a shower, come by and spend some time here. And bring your truck.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

-

Last edited by altiplano on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
H
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by H »

Hey, altiplano.... you forgot 'skinnies'. What's wrong with you? :lol:

Gear Up
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Gear Up »

Freakin amazing how a thread degrades. Why not just answer to posters initial question?

Gear Up!

classiv
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by classiv »

Let's get one thing straight:

French Canadians/Quebeckers are not "Frogs", okay!

Frogs are from France, and there is little love between France and Quebec.

The correct term for a French Canadian is a "Pepsi"...

Now where's my Joe Louis, tabernack!

Life's a Bitch, and then you work in Canadian Aviation

Return to “General Comments”