SOP/Ops Manual (sightseeing operation)

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

SOP/Ops Manual (sightseeing operation)

Post by Panama Jack »

I am assisting in writing an SOP/Operation Manual for an aerial sightseeing operation. I am wondering if any AvCanada members have any resources they wouldn't mind sharing with me to help me in developing it. Please send me a PM.

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: SOP/Ops Manual (sightseeing operation)

Post by cncpc »

Panama Jack wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:20 pm I am assisting in writing an SOP/Operation Manual for an aerial sightseeing operation. I am wondering if any AvCanada members have any resources they wouldn't mind sharing with me to help me in developing it. Please send me a PM.

Thanks.
There are no SOP's in 702 Jack. The standard for 702 has the required contents of an operations manual.

The language/wording goes way back and has been pirated, cut and pasted, from approved manuals. It doesn't really vary much. Get one from somebody, go through the CASS section, and you will see how each requirement is addressed.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: SOP/Ops Manual (sightseeing operation)

Post by 7507 »

cncpc wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:41 pm
Panama Jack wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:20 pm I am assisting in writing an SOP/Operation Manual for an aerial sightseeing operation. I am wondering if any AvCanada members have any resources they wouldn't mind sharing with me to help me in developing it. Please send me a PM.

Thanks.
There are no SOP's in 702 Jack. The standard for 702 has the required contents of an operations manual.

The language/wording goes way back and has been pirated, cut and pasted, from approved manuals. It doesn't really vary much. Get one from somebody, go through the CASS section, and you will see how each requirement is addressed.

Hello, so if I just wanted to do sightseeing flights do I still need the whole chief pilot, ops manager , PRM and SMS requirements?
Thanks

Return to “General Comments”