Anderson Air Ltd job ad.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Lt Colombo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Anderson Air Ltd job ad.

Post by Lt Colombo »

I'm just wondering guys about this job ad, these are 2 points copied from their min requirement:

• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• Valid Canadian Passport

Should we put an And or an OR in between, it's quite confusing :questionbig:
---------- ADS -----------

Bahd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Anderson Air Ltd job ad.

Post by Bahd »

I don't see how its confusing... The requirements say you need to able to legally work in Canada, and have a Canadian Passport. Am I missing something here?

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

Lt Colombo wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:34 am I'm just wondering guys about this job ad, these are 2 points copied from their min requirement:

I see your point...someone legally entitled to work in Canada may not necessarily be a Canadian passport holder.
In any event, we get the advertiser's intent

Lt Colombo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lt Colombo »

Loner wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:15 pm
Lt Colombo wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:34 am I'm just wondering guys about this job ad, these are 2 points copied from their min requirement:

I see your point...someone legally entitled to work in Canada may not necessarily be a Canadian passport holder.
You got me Loner, i'm curious about what the advertiser thinks about it.

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

Lt Colombo wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:23 pm

It's no different than your intent with your username...did you mean Lieutenant Columbo or purposely Colombo? LOL

Lt Colombo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lt Colombo »

Loner wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:28 pm
Lt Colombo wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:23 pm

It's no different than your intent with your username...did you mean Lieutenant Columbo or purposely Colombo? LOL
:smt033 I like you Loner.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Different industry! This website is lately spending more time bitching about the semantics in job ads than the absence of jobs themselves. Fill your boots ladies and gentlemen, I've never witnessed such a time.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I can't believe the low requirements.

It was pretty tough to get a job at that outfit with a lot - a lot - more time than that not too long ago.

Lt Colombo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lt Colombo »

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:48 pm Different industry! This website is lately spending more time bitching about the semantics in job ads than the absence of jobs themselves. Fill your boots ladies and gentlemen, I've never witnessed such a time.
You know what Sir as you can see there is a huge demande for pilots worldwide particularly in Canada having said that sadly there are a few Canadian operators offering resistance to qualified immigrants, the why no clue ?? these guys have been cleared by provencial as well as federal law inforcement agencies otherwise they can't get their residency status.

A few operators that have balls state that the Canadian passport is required altough i don't like this but i respect it, other pussies state just the right to work in Canada and on the phone call they start with are you a Canadian citizen ? then no one hears from them again.

Look at this ad that came down this morning:

Entry-level First Officer:

ATPL or CPL/Multi-IFR with IATRA written, 1500 hours total time which should include 500 hours multi-turbine.

Note: Cargojet B767 Flight Crew Members also fly the B757. All candidates must be able to hold a security clearance and restricted airside pass, and have the right to live and work in Canada and travel internationally without restrictions.

Notice the proper wording nice and clean very professional and by the way Cargojet Airways welcomes diversity and i thank them for that.

I'm fighting this non immigrant ideology if this looks bitching to you then yes i'm bitching.

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

Well, you can't work for any Canadian company unless you have the right to work in Canada...I'm not sure what's so controversial about that. That could mean citizenship, permanent residency, or a work visa, but you can't just come over as a tourist and apply for a job. It's got nothing to do with what the companies want; they can't hire you if you don't have the right to work here.

Return to “General Comments”