T.O. area

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

bcqc
Rank 2
Rank 2

T.O. area

Post by bcqc »

I might be moving there in hte near future, and would like to know how the situation there is. I'm a lowtimer looking for any opportunity, MIFR still valid, although lapsing soon. Suggestions for a place to renew the IR are welcome. Would those who need to renew their IFR consider a check, and where in the Toronto region? Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

N8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by N8 »

Island Air flight School

416-203-6242

http://www.flyislandair.net

We have two Piper Aztecs

Tell them Nate sent you.

chewsta
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chewsta »

BCQC,

Please define low time. If you are under 1400 hours and looking for work in the TO area don't waste your money on renewing your MIFR, you won't find work on a twin unless you are a class 1 instructor. That being said, unless you are an experienced instructor, there is very little single engine work here as well.

My 2 cents....

bcqc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bcqc »

Thanks for the tip guys. I know and heard and thought a lot about this, the ethics and all...but how about getting a ppc in the GTA, would that help in anyway? I've finished my CPL MIFR 2 years ago and nothing. Plus, not getting any younger, what can I do to get things in motion? Cheers :?

Yoyoma
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Yoyoma »

It won't help in that area...maybe somewhere else but not in TO. You should maybe reconsider your move?

It's hard and the age thing is a problem for many of my Lowtimer friends! I feel for you guys...I'm pretty young with decent amount of time in my book and got tired of the whole thing...I guess the natural selection process works...

Cheers

Image In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield...W. Buffett
chewsta
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chewsta »

QC,

Either go WAY up north and slave on the ramp for a couple of years OR come down here and spend the money you would have used for a PPC or MIFR renewal and get an instructor rating and slave on a slightly warmer ramp for a couple of years but get some PIC time while you are doing it.

Being a low timer sucks :evil: (I know)

bcqc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bcqc »

Chewsta,
Are you instructing in the area? What can I expect as far as ramp work, small aviation companies, or schools. Are there any new students enrolling in your area? :?

N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

Moving to this dump of a city...but why?

chewsta
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chewsta »

QC check your PMs :)

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

A bit off topic... but here goes.
For you guys living in TO, in what communities would you recommend looking for a home to live in...if flying out of Pearson?
Thanks!

chewsta
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chewsta »

Mississauga, Brampton, Milton, Oakville/Burlington.

Many of the AC guys live in Guelph, Cambridge, Georgetown.

All depends on what you can afford and what type of city you like (small/medium/large) and how often you are going in to work.

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

miltion seems to have quite a few.

Return to “General Comments”