My early Flight Instructor training

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

astroguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: My early Flight Instructor training

Post by astroguy »

KAG wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:14 pm
astroguy wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:16 pm Well.... lots of great thoughtful responses....
I will be working my way into flight instructor slowly.... I am not going to be an instructor tomorrow.
A big thing will for sure be developing weather sense and I don't have enough time in the air to be proficient yet in that either.... but it will come over the hours.
Yes I have landed many a cross wind landing in my training.
I am following Canadian regulations for flight training and I will only start once enough experience is aquired. I have over 60 hours now and am a long ways from instructor...BUT .... I am starting to think that way so why not.... I'm getting in the hours either way.
One of my flight instructors was teaching at 54 hours but I"m not going to do this... I'm just building slowly to flight instructor...
for instance I had to fly right seat today as prospective instructor and the throttle and the stick are reversed hands!!! my oh my!!
Anyways my other Flight instructor started instructing at 135 hours and he has over 1,000 in LSA now....
I will likely be pushing it past that.
Thanks folks...
Please explain how someone is doing the instructor rating at 54 hours? Am I missing somthing ? There is ZERO point of starting your instructor groundschool without at least the cpl exam and ride done. If I am understanding you correctly which I truly hope I'm not.
Hi...
I have respond to this topic a few times if you care to read further down or up. I am not that fluent in forum etiquette.
Thanks for the contact.
DaveP
---------- ADS -----------

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Ah, I didnt know it was an ultralight, which I have zero experience on, and therefore cant comment on. I thought you were working on a traditional light single like a c172
Or pa28140. Good luck on your rating, fly safe.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
astroguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by astroguy »

KAG wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:26 am Ah, I didnt know it was an ultralight, which I have zero experience on, and therefore cant comment on. I thought you were working on a traditional light single like a c172
Or pa28140. Good luck on your rating, fly safe.
Absolutely and you as well sir....and thankyou....I do appreciate any and all opinions... it all helps me pick up bits and pieces.
Dave

astroguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by astroguy »

Btw here are a few particulars of note.... CAR 421.88
Also the airplane that I"m flying
2015 Ikarus C 42 Advanced Ultralight.
620 lb dry
1200 lb max TOW
Vs is 42 kts
Vso is 35 kts
4cyl 4 stroke 80 hp ROTAX opposed aviation rated engine with water cooled heads and air cooled jugs runs on MOgas but can use 100LL.
Will climb near 1000 fpm solo and half tank of fuel with low density alt but really gets hit below the belt when loaded full and climb is around 400 fpm then but she lands much better on a windy day when she is heavy....she is a bit like a ping pong ball when flying light.
I can carry up to 285 lb passenger with myself at 185 and full tank of fuel
trike gear
full control surfaces... ailerons, rudder, elevator with power trim, 3 stage manual flaps.
Thanks
DaveP

Return to “General Comments”