Port Hardy terminal services fee

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

milotron
Rank 2
Rank 2

Port Hardy terminal services fee

Post by milotron »

I just got an invoice in the mail from Nav Can for 'terminal services fee' for landing at Port Hardy a month ago.

When did the come in as I have been in and out of there several times in the past with no charges. I also thought these kind of fees were only for larger aircraft or commercial operators.

thanks
---------- ADS -----------

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Port Hardy terminal services fee

Post by ahramin »

Interesting. The CFS lists the operator as Transport Canada and when you call the number it says "Port Hardy Airport, Transport Canada". I didn't realize Transport Canada operated any airports but then I found this list:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviatio ... owned.html

They don't have any information on the airport that I could find, nor is there a website for the airport. Could the terminal services fee be the NavCanada daily charge for terminal and enroute services? What type of aircraft and what type of propulsion?

milotron
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by milotron »

Sorry, you are correct is was transport Canada. I had a nav can bill for something else the same day. Aircraft was a piston mooney on IFR flight. No passengers.

Interesting as I had not received invoices for this airport or others listed on the link provided either ( penticton, etc )

milotron
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by milotron »

Looking at this further, those fees listed should only be for turbine or jet aircraft. I'll have to give them a call I suppose. My aircraft type shows as M20T.

Return to “General Comments”