Stay in your lane, next time.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Stay in your lane, next time.

Post by rookiepilot »

You all are choosing to give an FA with 6 weeks training far more credibility than an MD with many years training. Brilliant.

You're elevating with your assumptions, the professionalism of the former far greater than the latter.

That's absolutely ridiculous in my view. I've interacted with lots of doctors, and lots of FA's at different times over the years.

As a pax I know which one I'd trust more. She showed her licence!

This isn't a random passenger screwing around. I have zero sympathy for idiot pax, trust me.

The rules at Delta stated showing a licence wasn't required. She voluntarily did it anyway. Twice. And still was interrogated.

You all can't claim all flight crew are professionals just doing their duties, and then just excuse it as "clueless FA's". That isn't professional then. Can't have it both ways.

Do you captains want "clueless FA's" as your flight crew before heading out over the Atlantic?

Anyway -- carry on with the blind home gaming. Shouldn't be surprised.

All pax are lying idiots. What a sad profession you guys operate in.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by rookiepilot on Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

DanWEC wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:52 am I’d say about 20% of the physicians I know are white, if that. Maybe it’s a different story in the US?
I think the issue is that there is just a lot more racism in the US. Things are really fucked up down there, and it seems to be getting worse. You do hear some stories of racism in Canada, but it certainly isn't as endemic as it is in the US.

As the newspaper story says, she showed her license to two FAs, but they still questioned whether she was a real MD and whether the license was actually hers. This is something that we would be surprised at here in Canada, but it's not quite so unusual in the US.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:59 am You all are choosing to give an FA with 6 weeks training far more credibility than an MD with many years training. Brilliant.

You're elevating with your assumptions, the professionalism of the former far greater than the latter.

That's absolutely ridiculous in my view. I've interacted with lots of doctors, and lots of FA's at different times over the years.

As a pax I know which one I'd trust more. She showed her licence!

This isn't a random passenger screwing around. I have zero sympathy for idiot pax, trust me.

The rules at Delta stated showing a licence wasn't required. She voluntarily did it anyway. Twice. And still was interrogated.

You all can't claim all flight crew are professionals just doing their duties, and then just excuse it as "clueless FA's". That isn't professional then. Can't have it both ways.

Do you captains want "clueless FA's" as your flight crew before heading out over the Atlantic?

Anyway -- carry on with the blind home gaming. Shouldn't be surprised.

All pax are lying idiots. What a sad profession you guys operate in.
You say that FA’s get only six weeks training, and they’re paid very little. Maybe your standards for hanging them from the yard arm are just a little bit high?

I have difficulty in following your ultra-strident tone. This story is one piece of news out of the US this week where nobody actually died. Of course we all pick which stories affect us most, but you're putting a lot of emotional energy into this one, and why, I'm not sure.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

A couple of years back I assisted an older gentleman who suffered cardiac arrest on an air canada flight. I had to clamber over a few rows, we had just parked on the gate. I started cpr, had the FA find the AED. What really surprised me was 1. They didn't jump into cpr, and 2 they had a bag, and oxygen available, and couldn't figure out how toput the mask, bag, and o2 together. In due course emt's got to us, and took over. Sorry to say, but he made it to the hospital, but not thru the night. Small condolence to the family. I was upgraded to elite status, and given a bunch of vouchers for miles

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:42 am
I have difficulty in following your ultra-strident tone. This story is one piece of news out of the US this week where nobody actually died. Of course we all pick which stories affect us most, but you're putting a lot of emotional energy into this one, and why, I'm not sure.

I dunno PF. Just ticked me off. 2 reasons.

As I've told you I'm dealing with a lot of doctors these days for my daughter. For many years, is the reality. It's a tough situation and I'm moved by their dedication, care, professionalism.

My best friend is another race. He is the sweetest guy on the planet, exceedingly polite and respectful. Grew up here. Not a whiner about such things, either.

He tells me he and his family are experiencing more and more racism here in Toronto. Like, ugly.

Put the two together in this story, triggers my tolerance.

I've also seen blatant, unprovoked racism by FA's to a seatmate of mine on an AC flight home. Ugly. I had to get involved. No, I didn't mistake what was happening.

It's real, in Canada, and it's not right.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

One more thought:

The institutionalized racism against white men in today's popular culture, championed by the left in a variety of ways, ---- CNN is exhibit A ,-- never justifies individual racism against minority individuals.

They seem to be rising, together.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:59 am You all are choosing to give an FA with 6 weeks training far more credibility than an MD with many years training. Brilliant.
The issue is that there was a discussion about establishing the fact that one of the parties was an MD.
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:59 am She showed her licence!

Yes, but you don't know all the details. Maybe her picture was quite old, hard to recongize, different hair or glasses. Granted, the fact that she would have ANY "MD ID" is already an indication she's probably involved with medical stuff.

Or it was a case of racism and/or sexism.

On the other hand, I do have trouble understanding why a racist person would elect to work as a flight attendant and meet people of different races/color/countries daily.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

digits_ wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:01 pm
On the other hand, I do have trouble understanding why a racist person would elect to work as a flight attendant and meet people of different races/color/countries daily.
I don't know. Everyone has to work somewhere.

People are often afraid, it's sometimes that simple. I've been all over the world. People are people, I'd like to think.

I was flying to Austria a couple of years ago. Long enough flight so I wandered to the back, said hello and got an extra bag of pretzels. Ended up having an interesting conversation with a very well educated FA. She was very openly angry, which one doesn't see in that culture too much, about the uncontrolled amount of refugees allowed into Austria.

One can see how some would direct that resentment individually, perhaps.

This is one reason governments are rapidly changing right now, the populist movement.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

If you want to experience racism try Saudi Arabia.

It can be a bit of a chore getting a visa to go there though.

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Aviatard wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:35 am
Rooster69 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:01 am “I know I don’t look the part,” Stanford, 39, said in an interview Thursday. “So I just carry it with my driver’s license at all times.”

Too bad there wasn't a photo of the doctor. Maybe she looks like a hippie or a cat lady. More to the story than the FAs being racist.
http://fortune.com/2018/11/02/delta-doc ... profiling/

Nope.

‘Nope’ it is, I wish my doctor looked like her.

Return to “General Comments”