MERGED power curve / floats posts

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

SoaringHigh
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: MERGED power curve / floats posts

Post by SoaringHigh »

Aeronca, just an FYI, your posts are hella aggravating to read.

Disclaimer: I only read pages 1-3 of this topic. I was astonished to see there was 11 pages of posts relating to this topic.
---------- ADS -----------

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

SoaringHigh wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:37 pm ...there was 11 pages of posts relating to this topic.
There's actually 11 pages of an awkward combination of eye-roll worthy discussion on various topics.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

I found positive evidence that wonky is, in fact a test pilot. Here he is testing out a winter kit he designed himself

396EBC42-C65E-4AA4-999C-D52BA37AF69A.jpeg
396EBC42-C65E-4AA4-999C-D52BA37AF69A.jpeg (174.38 KiB) Viewed 651 times

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

Haha, yeah, your don't want those 172 props windmilling in the wind like a PT6! We tie off the Turbine DC-3 props similarly, though rope, not chain!

Some posters make themselves memorable - in different ways. I still recall Keith D'Mello, though he seems to have withdrawn, perhaps to reconsider his place among his peers! he made himself memorable, I would remember to approach what he says with caution....

aeroncasuperchief
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by aeroncasuperchief »

I found positive evidence that wonky is, in fact a test pilot. Here he is testing out a winter kit he designed himself
Naa, Not me I am way more handsome ! :rolleyes:

BTW, there is a McDowell starter that wraps around the crankshaft, once bumped up, It only takes 1 pull to start an Aeronca, Quite nifty on floats

Then there was the time when,,

aeroncasuperchief
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by aeroncasuperchief »

The other types of test flying include post-production acceptance and post-maintenance test flying. This is flying a certified aircraft and modifications through a very specific test method (that was likely developped during Engineering test flying). Pilots conducting thise tests normally refer to themselves as Acceptance Test Pilots or Maintenance Test Pilots. The risk of conducting those has already been quantified and accepted.
I am neither an Acceptance Test Pilot nor a Maintenance Test Pilot. Neither one is my chosen profession. If I need to take an Aircraft up to confirm it is to acceptable standards ( a new A/C ) it is an acceptance test flight or if I take an A/C up to verify its engine is working properly, its a maintenance test flight. I am doing test flight duties as part of my job description. Just as DAR AND myself have trained pilots on float A/C and signed off the endorsement, I do not consider myself an instructor BUT I do instructor duties.

On a resume, I can state, Pilot, instructor, multi-ifr, sea and land, test, check-out, hang glider. Those prefexes do not make me an ab-initio instructor or a career test pilot!

Return to “General Comments”