Alcohol Free Beer

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Peregrine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Alcohol Free Beer

Post by Peregrine »

Meatservo wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:19 pm
Now the beers that are "0.05 percent" or whatever- that's different. Even if there is one molecule of alcohol in the ingredients: you're in violation of the CARS right there. It doesn't specify how much.
To stir the pot, I hope some of the younger health conscious hip crowd don't happen to drink Kombucha. It can contain up to .5% ABV without being classified as alcohol (and typically is close to that limit) and is sold in convince store next to your coke and ice teas without any mention of it's alcohol content.
As these fermented beverages continue to increase in popularity I wonder how long until someone in our world gets themselves into an awkward situation.

Also the "one molecule of alcohol" statement is absolute and total nonsense. Regular bread contains ethanol from the fermentation, certainly not enough to get you drunk but commonly on the order of magnitude of .1-1% ABW. Yes really.
Same goes for a lot of fruit juices and fruits themselves.
---------- ADS -----------

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Peregrine wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:20 pm
Meatservo wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:19 pm
Now the beers that are "0.05 percent" or whatever- that's different. Even if there is one molecule of alcohol in the ingredients: you're in violation of the CARS right there. It doesn't specify how much.

Also the "one molecule of alcohol" statement is absolute and total nonsense. Regular bread contains ethanol from the fermentation, certainly not enough to get you drunk but commonly on the order of magnitude of .1-1% ABW. Yes really.
Same goes for a lot of fruit juices and fruits themselves.
You've heard of hyperbole, I'm sure. I use it sometimes. It's a rhetorical tactic that makes conversations more interesting.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
Peregrine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Peregrine »

Meatservo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:38 pm
You've heard of hyperbole, I'm sure. I use it sometimes. It's a rhetorical tactic that makes conversations more interesting.
Only makes it interesting if you keep playing along. :rolleyes:

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

5400AirportRdSouth wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:10 am Alcohol! Free Beer!

this thread is lit.
Nothing on these forums should be considered as literary.

Return to “General Comments”