Women-only plane seating needed to combat sexual assault and midair ‘manspread’

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

golden hawk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Women-only plane seating needed to combat sexual assault and midair ‘manspread’

Post by golden hawk »

---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Women-only plane seating needed to combat sexual assault and midair ‘manspread’

Post by digits_ »

I don't want to sit next to a fat guy either. Do I have to get a sex change to get more space?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
ekg
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Women-only plane seating needed to combat sexual assault and midair ‘manspread’

Post by ekg »

digits_ wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:35 pm I don't want to sit next to a fat guy either. Do I have to get a sex change to get more space?
I don't want to sit next to babies and kids either. hmmm...

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

The people of the 60's, 70's and 80's fight to end segregation and give everyone equal access to the world... so that people of the Teen's can fight to re-segregate the world and make everything separate again. Interesting cycle.

I'm off to my safe space.

I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

The march of identity politics continues... where will it end?

pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

digits_ wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:35 pmDo I have to get a sex change to get more space?
No, just identify as a binary cis-gendered female and its all yours.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

ekg wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:01 pm I don't want to sit next to babies and kids either. hmmm...
That statement qualifies as a hate crime. Please turn yourself in to your nearest SJW.

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

“Unless you are prepared to press your arm against the man’s — which will allow you to feel the rise and fall of his breath and is, I feel, too intimate a connection with a stranger — then you have lost two inches of your seat.
Huh, how about "Sir, do you mind giving me the armrest?" No need to "press any arm".

Going for the deck at corner
goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Men should be banned from breathing on airplanes. That way this reporter won't have to "feel the rise and fall of his breath". I mean, the audacity to need oxygen, men are all pigs!

OR..."accidentally" bump his arm, I bet his subconscious reaction will be to move it. Voila! The arm rest is yours and he didn't even notice.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

"Well, you know, there are gender impacts when you bring construction workers into a rural area. There are social impacts because they’re mostly male construction workers."
-- PM Trudeau.

Substitute "Construction workers" for "passengers" "workers" "writers". Or, Anything at all, actually.

It's not about the armrest. Your very existence is offensive.

And people are shocked Trump got elected, elections in Brazil, protests in France? Get ready for a whole lot more of the same.

I am a white male. Several of my close friends are immigrants of another race.

Regardless -- I have the right to that identity, to take up space, to have a successful career, and to have a voice.

Chris M
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Chris M »

Middle seat gets both arm rests. Window seat has a window and wall to sleep on. Aisle seat has breathing room.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Chris M wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:36 am Middle seat gets both arm rests. Window seat has a window and wall to sleep on. Aisle seat has breathing room.
Exactly my way of thinking, on the really narrow bodies like a 737 this is a bigger problem. The A320’s are a much more comfortable middle seat due to the small increase in seat width

PT6-114A
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PT6-114A »

Jim tells a great storie. https://youtu.be/qFx1Cpxpx1E

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Chris M wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:36 am Middle seat gets both arm rests. Window seat has a window and wall to sleep on. Aisle seat has breathing room.
I thought this was common knowledge.

Return to “General Comments”