What is your favourite airport?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

What is your favourite airport?

Post by C.W.E. »

Mine is Santos Dumont in Rio de Janeiro.
---------- ADS -----------

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: What is your favourite airport?

Post by Heliian »

San Juan! I love the pancake things.

2nd favorite was schefferville because the caged in atm made it look like some dystopian mad max airport.

tractor driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tractor driver »

Mozes Kilangin, Timika Papua.
Always a pleasant return from a trip through the mountains, and great people.

Delen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Delen »

JFK for sentimental reasons...

- The Hall of Science. They used to offer tours of JFK during the summer...my mom took me twice, the last time probably being in 1987 or 88 when I was 8 or 9 years old. A PA tour guide would take us around the airport aboard a commandeered shuttle bus. Stops included the fire station, the police station, the control tower, the animal center, and the best part, the Pan Am hangar (at the time one of the only hangars on earth that could fit a whole 747), where we were allowed to board a Pan Am 747 and walk around the cabin and sit in the cockpit. I had never flown before so it was the coolest thing ever for me. The whole experience was truly awesome and I remember it like it was a week ago. It's too bad nothing like that will ever be offered again.
- The Concorde. From my house I'd hear it taking off, a good 6 miles away, and I'd also be able to see it on approach to 22. It was always a treat no matter how many times I'd seen it and even though it was from some distance.

And not so sentimental reasons...
- I like widebodies. The 777 is my favorite plane, followed by the 747.

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

Goes back a ways, but I have to say the Nut Tree at Vacaville, Ca. Always stopped there on the way back to Van from Monterrey-Carmel area. Great service on the fuel, parking right beside the mall, wonderful smell of the eucalyptus trees when shut down and the door open, and the best breakfasts ever at the restaurant in the mall.

I was fairly partial to Langley back in the day when Joe Haines ran the cafe there by the museum.

Wouldn't say it was the favorite, because it was a dangerous friggin place, but the most memorable was Anglemont on the Shuswap. There's a story about some Yank taking a B-25 Mitchell in there once. Must have been some work getting that turned around at the top.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

cncpc wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:05 pm
Wouldn't say it was the favorite, because it was a dangerous friggin place, but the most memorable was Anglemont on the Shuswap. There's a story about some Yank taking a B-25 Mitchell in there once. Must have been some work getting that turned around at the top.
I don’t think that even Jimmy Doolittle could get a B-25 in and out of there.

https://youtu.be/1V4Vfo3U7Zk

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?

Return to “General Comments”