CF 100 Restoration.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

CF 100 Restoration.

Post by trey kule »

The Calgary Flight Musuem is trying to raise enough money by Dec31 to have the city kickin to have the CF100 restored.

It is a very Canadian part of aviation history.
It is xmas
A donation for the price of two Starbucks lattes by everyone will get it done.

If you will help, please go to their website and donate...mark it “restoration of. CF 100.”

The donations are tax deductible. Better to restore a piece ofour aviationhistory than pay it to the government.

Merry Christmas.
---------- ADS -----------

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: CF 100 Restoration.

Post by Meatservo »

I will be donating to this. I had a layover in Calgary in the summer and visited this excellent museum. I poked around the CF100 and noted a great deal of corrosion on the wing in the spar area. The metal appears to be bulging and separating into large flakes. It looks like the top skins and spars are milled and there is intercrystalline corrsion going on. Like what you see on big milled pieces on seaplanes, the flakes of metal look like a "readers digest" that has been read in the bath. I wondered how long the plane would be able to hold up its own wings. When I patted the radome, there was rustling and squeaking inside.

The plane is a wreck.

I'd love to see it restored. I feel a sense of nostalgia for the days when Canada built our own ballbusting equipment, like railway locomotives and jet interceptors. We could at least look after our totems from when we were a real country.
---------- ADS -----------

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself

Return to “General Comments”