Manitoba signs 5-year deal for private air transportation

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

703doge
Rank 1
Rank 1

Manitoba signs 5-year deal for private air transportation

Post by 703doge »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... -1.5019133

"Former Progressive Conservative premier Gary Filmon, husband of Lt.-Gov. Janice Filmon, is the chair of EIC's board"

Good news for the investors :roll:

:shock:

Bork!
---------- ADS -----------

Bork Bork
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Manitoba signs 5-year deal for private air transportation

Post by digits_ »

I guess the government likes flying old junky airplanes?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

digits_ wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:04 pm I guess the government likes flying old junky airplanes?
Were they actually willing to pay for anything else other than older king airs and metros. That's what they use today for more $$.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

bobcaygeon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:22 pm
digits_ wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:04 pm I guess the government likes flying old junky airplanes?
Were they actually willing to pay for anything else other than older king airs and metros. That's what they use today for more $$.
The funny thing is, if you read the RFP, they are seriously hinting at more modern airplanes. King Airs are probably acceptable, but EIC doesn't own a big king air fleet. There are some medevac king airs at Keewatin, but that's about it. I have a feeling the government emloyees will be travelling on old metros.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

EIC just bought Kississing's King Airs, but they're mostly ancient, early serial number 100s and the awesome Beech 99. Don't be too discouraged though, they do have some of ex-Keystone's high end modern and well equipped 200s. :roll:

greygoose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by greygoose »

I guess it makes sense...with a plethora of OC's at their disposal they can keep going down the list when someone screws up or something breaks. I can see it already; "sorry Judge, the aircraft you flew in on is now U/S but don't worry our sked comes in at 9:45PM" :lol:

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:30 pm EIC just bought Kississing's King Airs, but they're mostly ancient, early serial number 100s and the awesome Beech 99. Don't be too discouraged though, they do have some of ex-Keystone's high end modern and well equipped 200s. :roll:
Probably pretty safe to say that if more equipment is needed that EIC has the resources to do it. There's probably an operator or two with King Air's that are doing the flying today that won't be doing it in April. MGAS isn't doing this flying internally now with a DHC6 and PA31. I didn't see the name Perimeter anywhere in the award.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

bobcaygeon wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:10 am
goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:30 pm EIC just bought Kississing's King Airs, but they're mostly ancient, early serial number 100s and the awesome Beech 99. Don't be too discouraged though, they do have some of ex-Keystone's high end modern and well equipped 200s. :roll:
Probably pretty safe to say that if more equipment is needed that EIC has the resources to do it. There's probably an operator or two with King Air's that are doing the flying today that won't be doing it in April. MGAS isn't doing this flying internally now with a DHC6 and PA31. I didn't see the name Perimeter anywhere in the award.
Can we see the actual award online somewhere? Curious to see how it is described.

PT6A
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PT6A »

You should probably get your facts straight before giving inaccurate information. Out of six King Airs and one 99, EIC purchased three ex-Keystone 200’s. One went to the east coast, two will remain in Manitoba.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Company I used to work for long time ago bought a 200 from Keystone and it was the biggest piece of shit of the fleet, absolute garbage and borderline fraudulent parts. They ended having to replace almost everything including the props. It ended up having a dual bus failure on a hard IMC day in icing in YYC one day and if it wasn’t for the competent crew handling it, could have been a serious incident.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"

Return to “General Comments”