eAPIS/Flashpass

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

WeatherMaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

eAPIS/Flashpass

Post by WeatherMaster »

Do any US-bound flyers use the new Flashpass APP? Is it working well for you and is this a cost in addition to registering for eAPIS or is it the same thing but just APP based and I only need to sign up for the app?

How does this compare to using the eAPIS subscription from fltplan.com at considerably more money?

Regards!
---------- ADS -----------

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: eAPIS/Flashpass

Post by Cessna 180 »

eApis from the US gov't is free. FlashPass looks nice because it saves passenger manifests for you. I haven't used it however. I've heard of guys having good results using it. Honestly if you're a private airplane, just make an eApis account and file your manifests from home or the FBO. It's easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Aussiecat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: eAPIS/Flashpass

Post by Aussiecat »

Hi, I have used flash pass app in 2015 for OSH. trip, worked well and was easy, they give you a 1 month free trial, and at the time after the month it was a $50USD for a year. Think they may now offer a per month or trip option for the cost.
So you can give it a try in the free month and decide if it works for you. I would use again if I was crossing the border regularly

Return to “General Comments”