Airfield and other info for BC, Yukon

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

QDMQDMQDM
Rank 0
Rank 0

Airfield and other info for BC, Yukon

Post by QDMQDMQDM »

Hi,

Planning to bring my N reg C185 from Seattle to Alaska this summer. I use Garmin Pilot. What is my best source of airfield, fuel information, mapping etc for the Canada leg?

Cheers,

David
---------- ADS -----------

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Airfield and other info for BC, Yukon

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

Information in Canada is a closely guarded secret. www.skyvector.com is a good place to start. FltPlan Go is a free app with a lot of information: VNC, VTA, CFS (canada flight supplement) all for free. Foreflight offers a little more, but is a paid subscription.
Any Yukon specific questions, feel free to PM me, lots of other guys more familiar with BC on here.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
QDMQDMQDM
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by QDMQDMQDM »

Thanks a lot!

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

You can look up airport idents on www.100ll.ca* and check fuel prices, view a lot of the CFS data, and see current METAR/TAF info for airports that report it. From there are direct links to the equivalent pages on www.FltPlan.com, www.Skyvector.com, and www.FlightAware.com. For actual in-aircraft use, I recommend FltPlanGo, it's bang-for-the-buck factor can't be beat. Certainly try it before you spend money anywhere else.

[*disclaimer - I run www.100ll.ca but have no affiliation with any of the other sites]

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

In the early 1970s I spent the summer working the Schwatka Lake float plane base in Whitehorse and saw lots of small US registered floatplanes pass through headed for AK. Most were flying I follow road rules.

The Mole
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Mole »

If your stoping in Dease Lake BC, call ahead for fuel.

Return to “General Comments”