Flair cancelling flights

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Flair cancelling flights

Post by Diadem »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:27 am The difference, is Flair is a startup. But in this country, the government does nothing as the communist duopoly tries to put startups out of business.
This has got to be the dumbest thing ever posted on this website. The free market is working exactly as it's supposed to, and you want the government to step in to stop the "communist duopoly"?
---------- ADS -----------

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tps8903 »

Diadem wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:10 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:27 am The difference, is Flair is a startup. But in this country, the government does nothing as the communist duopoly tries to put startups out of business.
This has got to be the dumbest thing ever posted on this website. The free market is working exactly as it's supposed to, and you want the government to step in to stop the "communist duopoly"?
I dunno. Dumbest comment in this site is a pretty high bar. But you might be right. Its certainly and honorable mention.

whipline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by whipline »

You want a great Canadian company? Huge success story? Sunwing!!

Started from nothing less then 20 years ago. Now the largest tour company in North America.

I have more bad news for you. Just because you didn’t book your southern vacation through Sunwing, doesn’t mean your not giving them your money. I’ll let you figure it out.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Isn't Sunwing TUI+1%...?

ehv8oar
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ehv8oar »

The hated USA -- I think they have a culture that creates great businesses

The US might have a culture that creates some great businesses but they also have the big advantage, over Canada, that they have a home market of about 300 million people.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

FICU wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:26 pm Isn't Sunwing TUI+1%...?
I think you are right. I seem to remember them having issues maybe ten years ago and the Toronto owner got tui onboard.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

Return to “General Comments”