myIDTravel

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

myIDTravel

Post by 172_Captain »

Anyone here know how to go about getting a refund through myIDTravel. I've looked all over but can't find much. I've cancelled my tickets but nowhere do I see an option to apply for a refund.
---------- ADS -----------

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: myIDTravel

Post by plhought »

You have to contact the airline you planned on traveling with directly. Look at your agreements page in MyId and there should be a phone number/email listed. You'll have to provide your ticket numbers. Depending on the airline it could take months (Pakistan, Air India, Alitalia... etc), or just a couple days.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

All my refunds have been done through the website

valleyboy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by valleyboy »

mine as well - sometimes if you switch to the classic view it's easier to navigate

Black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight
http://www.blackair.ca
W5
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by W5 »

I also got my refunds automatically when cancelling the segment.

skibum777
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by skibum777 »

I am a Zed Fare virgin. I am a retired AC employee and have listed myself on two AC Rouge flights in April. My intention is to book ZED fares as a backup which seems quite straightforward on the AC Employee Travel website. Is myIDtravel a different animal? If I am able to travel on the Rouge flights, do the ZED fare bookings simply disappear? Am I charged for the ZED fares at the time of booking, meaning I will have to cancel them and apply for a refund?

Thanks for any advice.

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

You'll have to cancel the ZED Fares and then click refund. All on myidtravel.com.
Usually people load the ZEDs and take a flight.. whichever that might be and then cancel and refund the one they didnt take.

ox

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172_Captain »

av8ts wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:21 am All my refunds have been done through the website
I have one ticket with two legs for which I didn't use at all. I cancelled them through myID nearly 2 weeks ago but no refund has been given. Do I have to apply for a refund after I cancel?

hamstandard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hamstandard »

Could someone check the MyIDTravel website today and see if it is working for Air Canada tickets. I can't get through since last night(get an error message) but need to purchase a ticket very soon. Want to know if it is a problem at my end/company.

valleyboy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by valleyboy »

Works fine for me!

Black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight
http://www.blackair.ca
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Apparently the AC system is down right now. My colleagues have been calling the stby number to list.

On a separate note, I have not been able to cancel/get refunds on AC tickets. I keep getting a backend error. Anyone else have this issue?

joshiscool26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by joshiscool26 »

I've always done it through the website. The first time I had to do it I found it a little weird. Once you've cancel the ticket you have to either click on the booking reference or the ticket number (can't remember which one) and there will be an option to request a refund. Simply canceling the ticket won't initiate a refund in my experience.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Listing on AC through myID also gives me the "General Availability Error." message.
WJ listing still works fine so I don't believe it's an issue with our company MyID account.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Segweh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Segweh »

Hey guys,

I made a booking for ZED fare on july 19th for a flight August 28th on air Canada.
HAd to re-book and list on Westjet to get out.

Didn't use the whole Air Canada Ticket.
I followed the refund request instructions.
MyID travel has the tickets as 'refund triggered and will be handled according to airline terms and policy"
It's now Sept 30th. Still no refund. It's been over 30 days.

Should I be worried? I am a pilot in canada and was travelling in Canada.

Any advice?

Tik

Return to “General Comments”