Advertising on side of commercial aircraft? (R1 DH8)

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

nwopilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Advertising on side of commercial aircraft? (R1 DH8)

Post by nwopilot »

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Its an interesting idea. I know advertising is huge thing inside a lot of aircraft (Tv Screen ads/magazines).

I have seen advertising on the outside of race/stunt planes, but this is the first time I have seen this on a Car700 aircraft.
---------- ADS -----------

Attachments
5EF7E073-C152-41AD-8035-8CDA975F92DE.jpeg
5EF7E073-C152-41AD-8035-8CDA975F92DE.jpeg (960.11 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
2CDCADCA-CBBF-43D3-88F2-3AB611E5CB8C.jpeg
2CDCADCA-CBBF-43D3-88F2-3AB611E5CB8C.jpeg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 1499 times
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Advertising on side of commercial aircraft? (R1 DH8)

Post by Meatservo »

I find it a bit low-class personally, but we live in a society where every vertical surface is either covered in advertising or graffitti, so I guess it's not surprising. They already do it on trains and buses.

I find it rather negates the concept of "branding" which is important to airlines. Arguably this isn't so important on trains and buses, wherein the riders don't really get to choose what company to travel with. You'd think airlines would rather use the sides of their planes for their own branding, not someone else's.

But I'm old-fashioned. I like to see planes with the company logo on the tail, and a stripe in a complimentary colour from nose to tail, and that's it. Having it covered with advertising is undignified and detracts from the attractive, sleek shape of the aircraft. But that's just me. The whole world is getting cheap and shitty and bombards us with unwanted messages full-time. It's too much to hope for that the airlines would show a bit of extra dignity.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

This probably has nothing to do with advertisement. I’m assuming they have done or will be doing a charter or some work for corporate Acura. I know a few companies who have requested and had similar logos placed on aircraft they have charter for large corporate events.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

Nothing is worse than this :
https://youtu.be/2pLcPxnO6Q4

skyhighh
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by skyhighh »

I love the fact that the comments for that video were disabled :D I'm wondering how many people said the new paint was horrible.

FL_CH
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL_CH »

One can say that it's been done before. Just one step closer to being just a "bus with wings" I suppose.

"Then from 1000 ft AGL until the final capture altitude, the A/C accelerates backwards up along the altitude profile with idle thrust"
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

R1 should sell billboard space on that Beech 300 that lives permanently on the corner of Palmer Rd and McCall way. It hasn't moved in years.

Return to “General Comments”